1971 Dart Swinger w/440 and Dana 60

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a nice clean job ; and kudos for the 4-wheel disc brakes !

Good luck with selling it :glasses7: .

66340SEDAN - Thanks, the sleeper look is what I was after. The 2 1/2 with the Flow Masters gives it away though. I tried to even leave the column shifter in when I did the 440, that was a big no-go.

LH23H2R - Thank you - I enjoyed doing this car, very fun and a lot of learning points, especially on using a Dana. Believe it or not the disc kit was close to the same price as finding all the parts for a drum set-up, which I would have had to coble together. And since Summit is right around the corner, easy choice.

This thing is a blast! - Demon416, $10 will get you the nickle ride, add a K to the end, the whole car.

Thanks!

OK, here is a video, maybe this will help:

[ame="http://youtu.be/f5vrv4gz97A"]302 Found[/ame]

1971 440 Dart

1971 Dart Swinger with a new 1974 440 with 425 horsepower. This fresh motor has 906 heads with larger valves, Compcams 484 hydraulic cam, steel crank, KB quench pistons, race balanced, M1, Holley 750, MP electronic ignition. Nothing too wild, but has room for way more.

It has a 727 with a 3200 stall, reverse pattern, B&M shifter.

Autometer tach and oil and water temperature gauges.

The front end has new disc brakes, bushings, and respective control arms. Master cylinder is a Mopar Performance reservoir.

Installed a new Dana 60 with Dutchman axles, locker, 3:55's and Stainless Steel Brake Company rear disc brakes. To improve the ride I also installed new KYB gas adjust shocks.
Battery is in the trunk. I have the front and rear rallye wheels with driver tires, nothing special.

Interior is in decent shape, old and very green. It is missing the passenger rear door panel. It has a dash cap, the headliner is good, the front seat has a hole and could use being recovered. The carpet is good, but old. It a 40 year old car guys really.

This car has a sleeper look but the 2 1/2 exhaust with Flowmasters definitely lets people know you are coming and you mean business. The lope at the stop light really draws the attention, very cool.

The engine is installed with Schumacher mounts, headers and torque strap, this is not a hack job, very clean install.

This car is registered and insured. Asking $10,000 OBO, I am willing to deal, but please be reasonable. Located in Reno, NV area

There are a couple photos at:

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?22805-1971-440-Dart

Yes, I pulled the link, I posted what the link said and all related information above. Need more picture let me know.

All I have at this time:

Attachments

• Outside.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,659
  • Interior.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Engine fired.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,670
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back