-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Dart Swinger with a 1977 440, 727 reverse manual valve body and 28K convertor, mini-tubbed, frame connectors BIG tires. The engine is roller hydraulic with Compam CRB3 xr280hr-10 cam, 516 heads (like 915) with 2.14/1.88 valves (new rebuilt) .30 over, Isky rockers, MSD distributor, MSD programmable 6AL, M1, Holley Competition 650. Headers, mounts, and torque strap from Schumackers. Have a 3-quart oil accumulator, electric water pump, and dual fans on a Champion aluminum radiator. The fuel system is an electric pump, ½ primary lines with an Aeormotive regulator, 3/8 return with factory tank which has a sump. Exhaust is 2 ½ inch with Flowmasters. Has a great sound at idle, cruise or WOT.

Battery is in the trunk with a push/pull disconnect. Have N20 tanks and wiring, just no plate or solenoids, what I have will go with the car. N20 has never been used nor installed, just getting ready.

Interior is in decent shape, old and very green. It is missing the passenger rear door panel. It has a dash cap, the headliner is good, the front seat has a hole and could use being recovered. The carpet is good, but old. Autometer tach, oil, and water temperature gauges.

The rear-end is an 8 ¾ which has been narrowed. The car has been mini-tubbed to allow 295-65-15 MT drag radials with Weld Draglites to be installed (Fronts are Centerlines – will be a discussion for sale). A 3” inboard leaf spring relocation kit has been installed as well as US Car Tool weld in sub frame connectors. The fender wells have had a light trimming. The rear brakes are Stainless Steel Brake Company disc brakes; the front end has new disc brakes, bushings, and respective control arms. Master cylinder is a Mopar Performance reservoir. Front shocks are 90/10, rears are KYB gas adjust shocks.

Car has done has made about 10 passes at TnT in Fallon, NV with the best of 12:80. Fallon is approximately 6/8K density altitude, so

This car is registered and insured. Asking $10,500 OBO, I am willing to deal, but please be reasonable. I have some videos of the car in action if you are interested.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 5,711
  • photo 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 5,614
  • photo 4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,598
  • photo 5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,581
  • photo 3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5,585
Had some time, so went for breakfast with the family, did a little cruising, and ran some errands, rinsed her off and got some fuel. Here she is at the local petrol store. Ohh - and had to knock the crust of the tires

Attachments

• Dart Gas.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 5,242
This is back on the market, couple of item changes: I noticed I said 650, really its an Holley Ultra HP 750. Also, the wiring I moved into the passenger side, removed the heater box and placed it all there. While I was moving everything, I set everything to toggles red/green toggles (Fuel, Water Pump, Fans, Nitours, and Nitrous Bottle warmer).

I installed the Nitrous with a purge kit and NOS bottle warmer, and full bottle (not ran yet). I re-programmed the MSD Digital 6AL-2 for the retard to the microswitch. Once I get more comfortable with everything, I will be testing it.

Well decided to drop the 727 and rebuild it. Right now its out and apart. ordered some Red Eagle disks and steels, a bolt-in sprag and had the convertor rebuilt at JW transmission, bringing it to 42/44K. Should have it back together with in the next week- week in a half.

Well, this is starting to sound like a resto-thread, sorry folks. Dropped the 727 and rebuilt it with Red Eagles/Kolene steels. Had the convertor re-built by JW's to a 4500K. removed the old finned trans cooler and installed a wiz-bang Derale electric cooler kit. While the 727 was out, bought some 440-200 TTI's and installed them too, seems I may be changing the exhaust too, TTI X 3" with possible Dynomax's.

Warmed the tires last night, had to make sure shifted through all the gears, no problems, tires didn't like it much

Finished all the items spoke about, 727 rebuild, updated convertor, 2" TTI's, TTI 3" exhaust X Pipe and Dynomax mufflers, couple of videos, anything specific, please let me know.

New Exhaust idle: [ame]http://youtu.be/Bnv05XLZdVY[/ame]

Just a good old burn out, did one to check all three gears to: [ame]http://youtu.be/msaigm5Elu0[/ame]

Open headers Idle: [ame]http://youtu.be/XXV8g2aIt00[/ame]

Whats the situation with the rear quarters over the wheels? Have they been patched or bondo'd? And was this a vinyl top car at one time?

Not sure if it was a vinyl top, but when they painted the white, they didnt do a great job on the seems, when the car flexed it started cracking the filler out.

I trimmed the fender areas when I mini-tubbed it, instead of leaving the raw metal, I primed those areas

Would you mind posing some more pics of your new headers installed? Wanting to see how you got them to fit and if any cutting was needed. Good luck with sale...

Charger426 - PM me, I can take some specific photos for you.

Attached are some up dated photos of the car

Attachments

• photo 1(5).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,124
  • photo 1(4).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,115
  • photo 3(5).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,125
  • photo 4(3).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,129
Just curious, since you rebuilt the trans and have done other work, is the asking price still set same at $10,500 as in the original post?
Good looking car man, GL!

Ledman - yes, and thank you. Price still 10,500 I did do some other work, but since bumps for non gold members are not allowed, I will post them throughout the week. Pm me for info

[FONT=&quot]1971 Dart Swinger with a 1977 440, 727, 8 ¾ - Video links below

The engine is a 440 with a Mopar .590 purple camshaft, 516 heads (like 915) with 2.14/1.88 valves (new rebuilt) .30 over, Isky rockers, Edelbrock Torker, Holley 750 with Proform body.

Mounts and torque strap from Schumackers, dual fans on a Champion aluminum radiator.

The transmission is a reverse manual valve body and 4K convertor, deep pan. Transmission has just been re-built, bolt in sprag, Red Eagle clutches, and kolean steels.

The rear-end is an 8 3/4 which has been narrowed and braced. The car has been mini-tubbed to allow 28/10/15's Hoosier DOT tire on Centerline wheels. A 3" inboard leaf spring relocation kit has been installed as well as US Car Tool weld in sub frame connectors.

Also - has brand new Cal-Tracs system with springs, bars, etc

The fuel system is an electric pump, 1/2 primary lines with an Aeormotive regulator, 3/8 return with factory tank which has a sump.

Exhaust is TTI 440-200 headers (2" with 3.5 collectors) with a 3" cross over and Dynomax Bullets coming out right before rear tires.

Battery is in the trunk with a push/pull disconnect.

Interior is in decent shape, old and very green. It is missing the passenger rear door panel. The headliner is good, the front seat has a hole and could use being recovered. The carpet is good, but old.

Autometer tach, oil, fuel and water temperature gauges.

The fender wells have had a light trimming. The rear brakes are Stainless Steel Brake Company disc brakes; the front end has new disc brakes, bushings, and respective control arms. Master cylinder is a Mopar Performance reservoir. Front shocks are 90/10, rears are KYB gas adjust shocks.

This car has ZERO rust, runs great on a street cruise and is a great street bruiser.

At 6200 DA, car pulls 11:98 (With DA Calculator, this means at sea level its about 11 flat)

Here are some videos:

[ame]http://youtu.be/SNYqfj1bQG0[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/Bnv05XLZdVY[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/msaigm5Elu0[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/XXV8g2aIt00[/ame]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NOTE: Right now this car has a 3-quart oil accumulator and Nitrous kit which will not be going with the car. I enjoy driving this so this will stay on until we make a deal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also – This has a MSD distributor, MSD programmable 6AL box. I will let the car go for $7,500 without these two items. In their place I will provide a Mopar Performance distributor and an HEI kit, and mis-matched plug wires. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Else -[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This car is registered and insured. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asking $8,000
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back