1971 Dart Swinger

-
This is about the best I have right now.
frontendtornoff.jpg

Looking at cams right now.
Due to a few life issues at the moment I won't be putting the turbo setup on the motor right away and will be running NA for a year probably.
The cam that's currently in the 360 is worn and a couple lifters need to be replaced, so i figured since i'm elbow deep into it i might as well toss a new cam in.
Looking for good street pounding torque and off the line response, and have this cam also work decent when I toss the turbo on it.

What says you?
T70 . 96 on a stock head 360cid motor.

Lunati 60402LK
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUN-60402LK/

Cam Style Hydraulic flat tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range 1,400-5,700
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift 220
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift 226
Duration at 050 inch Lift 220 int./226 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration 262
Advertised Exhaust Duration 268
Advertised Duration 262 int./268 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.475 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.494 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.475 int./0.494 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees) 112

Go with more LSA?

wow....very cool....this is the first time for me looking at this thread! you are doing a very nice job! nice progress!! cool build!!!!

hey, is this car a gt? if it's not we may have identically optioned cars! mine was the burnt orange with all of the gt trim but not a gt car, kinda odd.

Yeah man,....if you have the rotator to seal clearance..@. .494"..with .007" extra clearance for heat expansion and velocity., that cam would be good....I wouldn't be afraid to run a 110 center either with those other specs...I don't know what your horsepower goals/wants/needs are....but assuming a T70, .96,...and such, I could see 380hp, 420 ft lbs, NA.....and 750hp or so at 1 Bar....at the crank of course.

268 duration is perfect for a snappy V8.

Yeah man,....if you have the rotator to seal clearance..@. .494"..with .007" extra clearance for heat expansion and velocity., that cam would be good....I wouldn't be afraid to run a 110 center either with those other specs...I don't know what your horsepower goals/wants/needs are....but assuming a T70, .96,...and such, I could see 380hp, 420 ft lbs, NA.....and 750hp or so at 1 Bar....at the crank of course.

268 duration is perfect for a snappy V8.

I was hoping you would find your way back in here.
Thanks!

Really cool build.. I would love to put a turbo on mine but it has high compression..

Bought that Lunati cam kit and a double roller timing chain.

Plan on installing it 2 degrees advanced.

Here is the drivers side fender off the 71 that was a mess but is now fixed.

_MG_9726.jpg

The passenger fender is just about done also.
Front valance and hood have been stripped and shot with primer.

Cleaned up and primer sealed the hood and lower valance. The car will slowly turn black as i start doing bodywork.

Cut the hood and attached the hood scoop temporarily until I do the bodywork and fiberglass it on.

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

I'm really loving the look of it.

Hopefully have it smoking tires next week. Distributor won't advance at all so a new one is on the way.

I've got to get rid of those damn 72 side markers on it.

Should I just shave them off or put the round side markers on from a 68?

Here is the drivers side fender off the 71 that was a mess but is now fixed.

_MG_9726.jpg

The passenger fender is just about done also.
Front valance and hood have been stripped and shot with primer.
plese bring it back to that brown, theres something about that color with those dog dish wheels, puts out that sleeper vibe big time. such a nice car

WOW,

Alot of guys say you need a HIGH DOLLAR build to support 15lbs of boost, you are proving them wrong with your 185k mile totally stock engine!! That is very, very cool!

WOW,

Alot of guys say you need a HIGH DOLLAR build to support 15lbs of boost, you are proving them wrong with your 185k mile totally stock engine!! That is very, very cool!

It didn't run very well at 15lbs. My ignition system wasn't up to par.
I'm pretty sure at that pressure load it would not have lasted long. Only did a couple runs with it to see what it would do.

Still pretty cool, I am sure with a fresh build & mild upgrades it would work just fine along with a good ignition system.
The ricer guys go ape **** along with the mustang guys, putting big boost and they live heck why not with a SBM!

Any Updates?

I sold the 71 Dart that had the turbo on it. I took the turbo parts off and have them for sale if anyone is interested.
I'm saving up to get the body and paint done on the 70.
Should be headed back to the shop with it this spring!

After the bodywork and paint is done. I'll look at turbocharging or supercharging it.

-
Back