Status
Not open for further replies.

1971Demon340

Mastodon Demon
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Demon 340 stroked to a 416 for sale. Need room for my 1969 Coronet R/T and 1969 Mr. Norms Super Bee. 727 Torqueflite with reverse manual valve body. Non-power steering and manual brakes upgraded to disc in front. The engine has 5 axis ported Indy Cylinder heads with an Edelbrock Air-Gap intake and carburetor. Scat crank shaft, Keith Black piston, Lunati cam shaft and Clevite bearings. All new interior from Legendary Interiors including all door panels and seat covers. New headliner, carpet and all chrome pieces in the interior are replated. Mirrors, door handles and both bumpers are replated. New wiring from Painless. New tires and wheels (Cragars). TTI exhaust headers with 3" exhaust system and Dynomax mufflers. New aluminum radiator. Dynometer sheet with 350 RWHP and over 500 torque. Asking $30,000.00 as I have close to $50,000.00 invested in the Demon. It has less than 1,000 miles on rebuilt engine and runs great with no problems at idle. This was a numbers matching car and have the original wheels, heads, cam, pistons and connecting rods to return to stock if needed. Located in Pittsburgh, PA

DSC05245.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

IMAG00531.jpg

IMAG00541.jpg

That was the air cleaner the engine builder put on to get me home for his shop as the stock one would not fit under the hood. I stopped at a parts store on the way home and have a larger air cleaner on it. I put the wrong older photo on the site in error, so here is an updated one:

IMAG00572.jpg

I have a K&N filter for it that I think is 14" like the above photo, but have not put it on yet.

I take it you have had problems with it blowing oil out of the dip stick tube? Since you have capped it off and added a second breather to the valve covers. Did that fix it?

Mine did that and the bottom ring was installed upside down from the person before me. It don`t blow the dip stick out anymore. All re rebuilt lol.

It would blow out at WOT which to say is only twice. Once on the dynometer and the second time racing a rice burner. The air cleaner was all the parts store had on my way home and it was better than driving without one. It reminds me of Cheech and Chong driving around in a car with the little chain steering wheel. I will take photos of the interior tomorrow,
Mark

Mojoluv, I would like to sell, but I do not need to sell. It sits in my warehouse and I take it out a few time a week to keep the fluids moving. Here are some photographs ofthe interior and trunk:

IMAG00641.jpg

IMAG00621.jpg

IMAG00611.jpg

IMAG00601.jpg

340to316.jpg

The engine after being rebuilt

Demon340.jpg

The engine as it came from California.
Mark

Have you ever ran oit down a track with the stroker and if so what did it run? Nice rod!

No, I never raced it at a track as I thought they would require a roll cage and other safety requirements such as the fuel cell in the trunk. It smokes the tires with ease and I would assume it would run in the 12's. The only thing that really needs done are the armrests and a little soap and water to the trunk and engine bay,
Mark

Since it is listed on ebay, what do you guys think is the going price for this Demon? I would love to get what I put into it, but that will never happen. craigslist is a joke with all the scammers and their not so subtle tricks. A guy in Poland (Diffy B James) is a guy to avoid and tried his tricks with me a few times in the past,
Thanks,
Mark

Since it is listed on ebay, what do you guys think is the going price for this Demon?
Thanks,
Mark[/QUOTE]

Unless you find the one buyer who falls in love with your car, especially with the changes you made to personalize the car and move away from the originality, the best way to establish a price people will pay is to have a live auction on Ebay or similar website, with a reserve price that you feel comfortable with. This will provide a good reference point as to what you can expect buyers might pay.

Obviously you know this time of the year is particularly tough to sell in, eveb if we had a strong economy (which we don't).

There are some very good original documented 340 factory A bodies for sale right now (not on this website) that are asking in the low teens, and STILL not selling.

Originality, ownership history and repair documentation are what help sell classic cars.

Best of luck in whatever you decide with the car.

Since it is listed on ebay, what do you guys think is the going price for this Demon? I would love to get what I put into it, but that will never happen. craigslist is a joke with all the scammers and their not so subtle tricks. A guy in Poland (Diffy B James) is a guy to avoid and tried his tricks with me a few times in the past,
Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark.... not to kick you in the sack but if you get 15K you should take it and run like h_ll! sorry Dude..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back