Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This 1971 Dodge Demon started as a slant-six/auto/7.25" rear end car but now boasts a (dynoed) 340bhp 5.9L Magnum engine backed by a Torqueflite 904 three-speed automatic. It runs beautifully and shifts strong. It has a bench seat brown interior, power steering, and is column-shifted.

It also has a '68 Coronet 8-3/4" rear end in it now with 10" rear drum brakes. Both the rear end and the front end have been converted to the common big lug bolt pattern, and the front brakes are Wilwood 11.75" rotors and 4-piston dynalite calipers. It also has a new Wilwood master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve. Other upgrades include a new dash panel with Autometer electric gauges and Detroit Speed and Engineering LEDs, professionally shortened and balanced driveshaft (by Driveline Service of West Sacramento), rewired engine wiring harness, and a fully-repainted engine bay. The white wagon wheels are temporary and any 15x7 or 15x8 mopar wheel will fit in the wheel wells.

The shining star of this car, the 5.9L (360cid) Magnum engine, boasts a full rebuild and upgrade. The short block was machined by Mother's Machine Shop in Fair Oaks. The stock crank and connecting rods turn SpeedPro pistons and Sealed Power rings. It's connected to a Hughes Engines 1418ALN camshaft by a Comp Cams double-roller timing set, lifting a stock 5.9 Magnum valvetrain sitting on Racing Head Service 5.9L Magnum heads. Hughes Engines valvesprings and retainers hold the valves. Air comes in from the Edelbrock 625 Performer Series carburetor through an Edelbrock Air Gap intake, and exhaust leaves through a set of Hooker long-tube Competition headers and out back through a Summit Racing true dual 2.5" exhaust system.

There are some bad spots on the car: the entire spare tire well was rusted out, so I cut out the affected area and riveted in a galvanized sheet as a temporary replacement. It should be easily removable with a chisel or a drill, and a new AMD trunk floor will weld right in. The tail panel had been crunched a little bit, so I pulled the area as best I could with my stud welder and painted it green to match the rest of the body. It's far from perfect, but it looks alright right now and new tail panels are available in the aftermarket as well. Finally, there is some bubbling paint on the driver's side rear quarter wheel lip. It's pretty common on Mopars from this vintage, and patch panels are produced for this area. In general, anyone with welding and minor bodywork skills could repair the damaged areas easily.

I am looking for $6000 OBO. I am not hurting for cash, nor does it need to move quickly, so I will keep it if I don't get any offers close to what I'm asking. I put everything on this car together myself, so I know the craftsmanship is solid. More pictures are available upon further request. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. I will entertain trades for other classics (pre-1972)+cash, just email me and let me know what you have for trade. Thanks for taking a look.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/sharpie1k/IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

That's making some stout power. What RPM does it make peak at? How much torque?

Steve

Where does it say how much power it made?

Do let us know of its power an torque figures.

Best of luck with the sale!

My bad, I thought it said the car made 340 rwhp. I must be losing it! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back