1971 Demon AC questions

-

HemiDartGuy

Reaction score
OK, I give up. Thought I could figure this out cause it's way to damn simple but I think I'm missing stuff. I think the root of my problem is the fact that I have the wrong Wiper/AC harness. I can see the harness is incorrect cause the 2 wires ( I assume go out to the condenser) for the under dash harness stop there, when I look at the harness on the engine bay side nothing is there. I also notice the wiring for the washer pump is missing to. Can someone point me in a direction. My other question is where is the wire that goes to Heater blower motor.

Does anyone have a schematic for factory AC

Thanks, Sheldon

Since your harness doesn't seem to be right, seems to me there is several possibilities

1--That at least part of the harness is a non AC car

2--That at least part of the harness is for the wrong year

3--That at least part of the harness is BOTH of the above

You can download several years of service manuals here, for free. The latest we have "on site" is 72, and there were changes in 73/4. I have a paper 74 manual, and could post scans if needed

I would at the least look at 70-72. You need to also look in the Heaters and Air Conditioning chapter, 24 I believe your 71 SHOULD be closest to the 70 manual

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088657

Example, in the 70 manual (Dart-Challenger) page 24-34 has a section aimed at A bodies and 24-36 has a simplified diagram, page 8-90 is engine bay, The rest seems to be poorly documented. If you look at the Challenger accesories diagram page 8-93, that does show the interior AC control switch

On page 8-89 you can see that the AC clutch should go through terminal "A" of the bulkhead connector

-
Back