1971 Demon dash removal

-

1971Demon340

Mastodon Demon
Reaction score
I want to remove my dash and instrument cluster to send it to Red Line Gauge works for restoration. Can someone tell me how to remove the whole dashboard? Hopefully it is only a few screws and the windshield stays in place,
Thanks,
Mark

I can email scans of manual pages related to instrument panel R&R. Surely your not sending the sheetmetal dash to Redline. anyway... pm me. I'll help all I can.

I was going to send the whole dash to Red Line and they were going to remove the instrumnet panel and send the rest of the metal to ........G thing...??...up in Washington State or Oregan or.....I have it saved in my favorites on my work computer. Anyway someone else is restoring the metal dash while they do the cluster. I will PM you email and I thank you for the help as I need to get this out in the next few weeks as my wife is expecting our third child in November

You can paint the dash in the car easier than remove it. The hardware under the dashcap isn't so bad. The hardware under the windshield gasket is a big deal.
And congrats on the new tax deduction :)

im pretty sure you have to take the glass out 8 screws under glass seal and 2 nuts right above the kick panels

I was hoping the glass would stay in place, but it appears that is not the case. Thanks for the responses and I think this is the last weekend until the Demon takes a nap as it is in the low fifties the last few days.

I had to remove the windshield and gasket on my '73 Duster to access five screws that were attaching my dash frame in. There is an attachment under each kick panel too.

You might think about sending your dash frame out, as it has the VIN tag attached. If the frame gets ripped off or lost, you're screwed. Just my .02 cents.

no the glass can stay in the car u would have to contort your hand and grind off the bottom off your bolts under the weather stripping and wala the dahs will come right out been done plenty on here

-
Back