1971 Demon Sizzler

-

valiantwagon

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the site.
I picked up a '71 Demon Sizzler earlier this year.
The car is B5 blue w/white stripes, 318/auto, full project but very straight. Motor and trans are gone. Does anyone have somewhat accurate production numbers for these? I've seen a full range of production numbers on the web for the Sizzler. Not sure yet if I'm going to keep it or sell it.
I appreciate any help.

some surfing all I could find was theses numbers Demon 69,861
Demon 340 10,098

Here is what I found:

"Not too many left out of 3,443 built according to G. Govier; but other Mopar production #'s experts say under 1,200 built."

Either way...it seems rare...

Hello all, I'm new to the site.
I picked up a '71 Demon Sizzler earlier this year.
The car is B5 blue w/white stripes, 318/auto, full project but very straight. Motor and trans are gone. Does anyone have somewhat accurate production numbers for these? I've seen a full range of production numbers on the web for the Sizzler. Not sure yet if I'm going to keep it or sell it.
I appreciate any help.

I have a Citron Yella one, I have been looking for info myself. There is not much info on them.

Do you have any pics?

All were either 6 cyl. or 318. Was the low cost insurance sport option of the 340 Demon, they looked very similar, just did not have the horsepower options.
She's not much to look at, original paint has primer over it from a previous owner, I'll try and post a picture or 2 tomorrow.

Has anyone run across a Demon Sizzler in B5 blue? It seems they were more common in yellow and orange, I never have seen a blue one. The link to the ad posted earlier did not even list blue as an option.
I did run the fender tag, all of the info is correct.

according to the ad the body color grill frame was only available with the plum crazy, hemi orange, or citron yellow, it was painted argent with other body colors

doesn't look like a sizzler to me, unless it was repainted and hood was replaced? did you run the fender tag/vin?

I did run the fender tag, definately a Sizzler. Here is the breakdown:
LL29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

G1E: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Los Angeles, CA, USA

149309: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GB5: Bright Blue Poly Exterior Color
M1B7: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Blue
GB7: Dark Blue Poly Int. Door Frames
402: Build Date: April 02
213141: Order number

CB5: Bright Blue Poly Top Color
U: USA Specifications
A59: Sizzler Package
G36: OS Dual Racing Mirrors
J55: Undercoating with Hood Pad
M21: Roof drip rail moldings

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V8W: Tranverse Stripes, White
END: End of Sales Codes

The hood is not the original, but all Sizzlers I have seen pictures of look to have the same hood.

we have a citron yellow 71 demon sizzler with original tail panel paint. still black and never painted over although the car was painted lime green, the original black panel remains. the car was a racecar much of its life with the rear quarters rolled for wider tires.

It probably had front end damage at one time or other and had some parts swapped out. The front bumper is off a '72 model. If you do a bit of paint scraping, you should be able to see if other body panels have been changed.

Will probably be parked for a while, I want to get the Valiant Wagon worked over a little first. I like the "patina" of the finish on the wagon, my wife is not quite on the same page.

-
Back