1971 Dodge Chassis Service Manual (Wire Diagrams)

-
Reaction score
Hey there,

Does anyone have the 1971 Dodge "Chassis" Service Manual?

This service manual covers (Challenger, Dart, Charger, Coronet, Polara & Monaco). I'm specifically looking for the wiring diagrams in this book that are related to the Dart.

I have searched the forums both here and mymopar. I've also looked in the tools/ref section of mymopar and I do have the basic 1971 Dodge Dart wiring diagram. I have also looked through the 1971 Dodge "Body" Service Manual but it only has one page of the "body wiring". I'm looking for all the wiring that the "chassis" service manual should show.

I'm interested in the gauge sizes and wire numbers. I've looked through the 1970 & 1973 Dodge service manuals & the 1971 Plymouth manual but continue to find differences. I really just want to look at the manual for my car.

My goal:
I'm tweaking my copy of the basic 1971 Dodge Dart Wiring Diagram to list wiring numbers, gauges and verify that my diagram looks correct. Once complete, I would like to post it so that anyone else interested in this info would also have it available.

Contents of existing manuals:
1971 Dart Diagram (this is the main diagram everyone has. It works really well but I would like to have wire numbers & gauges which this does not list.)
1971 Dodge Body Manual (only 1 body diagram for the dart, not a full set)
1971 Plymouth service manual (this is similar to the dart but there are differences in the wire numbers and gauges. It's close, just not quite there.)
1970 & 1973 Dodge Service Manuals (I thought this was going to be my answer but there are more differences than I thought in both these years compared to my 71 diagram.)

In a nutshell, I really just want to validate the wiring that's in my car even though these other resources are very close.

I'd be happy with scans or decent phone photos that I can easily read.

Thanks much,
sippinthebundy
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

I went throught that with my 74 SE, could not find any right ones finally took three or four and tried to compare them to what was left of my harness (engine fire) Finally figured it out, also found segments under the aspen also that matched.

Yea, it gets frustrating. I assume that even if I had the 71 diagrams there may be some differences but at least at that point the comparison would make more sense. It's hard to know what you think you should have by looking at other years.

What's difficult for me is that I'm living out of the country right now and don't have access to my car. I'm trying to gather up all the info so when I get to work on it again I'll be ready!

Doug

found this on e bay definitely helped.
s-l1600.jpg

Same seller is all I can say.
1971 Dodge Dart Revised Wiring Diagram Manual 71 | eBay

It was actually the closet one, the SE has most of the bells and whistles so it is definitely different, I ended up just custom making mine to fit a big block application. Why you re doing yours?

Been through many mods for sure, lot better running new. Hey if you plan on making a new harness get a Packard 56 plug and terminal kit and the right crimper, made life easy, I did my circuits by the oem colors just to make life easy for troubleshooting in the future, found a place to get the wire also that is pretty close to the factory colors/stripes also.

Well, I helped my son re-wire his 69 Dart a couple years ago and color coded his wire diagram. I then started getting more creative with the diagram so that it would be a good guide for him in the future. Once I'm done with it I'll post it here for the others that are interested.

I then decided I wanted to do the same type of color coding and info with my diagram so that when I got back I could go in and clean it up. Many years of me doing stereo's, alarms and random things, thought it would be nice to go back in and get it clean.

I really need to pull the engine and get it all cleaned up again. It has done more sitting over the years but have been anxious to get back into is since we worked on the 69.

My fire started with the throttle cable rubbing through the harness then the tape on it was a dam fuse, really bad, I use racers fire proof tape only on the car and Have seen/heard of a few other fires start the same way. Good old MOPARS.

Right on. I'll have to check that out. I had done a re-wire on my dad's 56 F-100 years ago with a painless kit and really liked it cause it was all black and laser marked but didn't think that would work as well on mine since I have diagrams.

Would it not be great to have wires marked on these like aircraft?

I'm back....

Is this what you are looking for???

I copied all of the pages in the electrical wiring diagrams for the Dart... Let me know if you need any more... I had to reduce these to 40% to post them on line, if you want original size, PM me your email and I can try to send them to you in full size if needed....

I took two pictures of each in case one is blurry....

DSC03943 B2.jpg

DSC03944 B2.jpg

DSC03945 B2.jpg

DSC03946 B2.jpg

DSC03947 B2.jpg

DSC03948 B2.jpg

DSC03949 B.jpg

DSC03950 B.jpg

DSC03951 B2.jpg

DSC03952 B2.jpg

DSC03953 B2.jpg

DSC03954 B2.jpg

DSC03955 B2.jpg

DSC03956 B2.jpg

Let me know if you need any other reference information, I have a library of service manuals that I've collected over the years....

DSC03967 B2.jpg

DSC03972 B2.jpg

krazykuda,

Thanks a ton! These are exactly what I was looking for!

When I finish my little colored diagram project I'll get it uploaded for ya to check out.

abodyjoe,
Thank you also for the links. These are where I started initially with my little project I just needed the chassis diagrams to continue with it.

Thanks again!
Doug

krazykuda,

Thanks a ton! These are exactly what I was looking for!

When I finish my little colored diagram project I'll get it uploaded for ya to check out.

abodyjoe,
Thank you also for the links. These are where I started initially with my little project I just needed the chassis diagrams to continue with it.

Thanks again!
Doug

Glad to help... Let us see what you do with the color coding when you are done.... :thumbsup:

-
Back