1971 Dodge Dart Rancho Cordova, CA. Pick-N-Pull (Not Mine)

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The Rancho Cordova, CA. (East side of Sacramento) Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard just put out this 71 Dodge Dart, to be picked over.
The Rallye Wheels, rear end, are gone off it, the first day out.
It's a 318 engine, drum brake car.
If your within driving distance of Sacramento, and think you might wan't something that's left on it, go for it.
It will be out in the row for about two months, maybe a bit more.

PNP #116.JPG

The guy that got all 4 of the Rallye Wheels, and tires, got there yesterday, the first day, that they put it out.
He was back there today, at 9:00 am, opening bell, getting the rest of the 8 3/4 rear end out of it.
I haven't been wrecking yarding, in years and years, at that Pick-N-Pull, but i recognized that guy from years back, as a regular Mopar picker from back then.
You must have made a little journey out of Woodland this morning, after i started this posting.
You get anything?
I got the 3 nipple valve cover breather off of it, that's all.

What a shame to see a decent car getting picked apart....
the stuff that's been showing up down here in the yards is down right criminal. it'd bring a tear to a crocodile's eye.

two perfectly fine 73 darts-- one V8, one /6 side by side at the ontario yard. either one would've made a good first car or tatty driver. both had some minor stuff, but nothing insurmountable.

The guy that got all 4 of the Rallye Wheels, and tires, got there yesterday, the first day, that they put it out.
He was back there today, at 9:00 am, opening bell, getting the rest of the 8 3/4 rear end out of it.
I haven't been wrecking yarding, in years and years, at that Pick-N-Pull, but i recognized that guy from years back, as a regular Mopar picker from back then.
You must have made a little journey out of Woodland this morning, after i started this posting.
You get anything?
I got the 3 nipple valve cover breather off of it, that's all.
I work in Citrus Heights today so it wasn’t that bad for me. If I would have had my saws all I would have taken the trunk pan for my project. Zero rust.

Thanks for posting this! I need the hood off of that car for my demon. Going to be in the area on Saturday. Hope it’s still there!

What a shame to see a decent car getting picked apart....
At first they tried to sell that car, whole.
Don't know how long it sat in the "for sale" rows, without any buyers for it.
Then after time, they hafta put it out in one of the Mopar rows, to be picked apart.

Thanks for posting this! I need the hood off of that car for my demon. Going to be in the area on Saturday. Hope it’s still there!
It's extremely rare these days, for any Mopar car of this vintage to show up anymore at the Pick-N-Pull's.
I am on their notification lists if anything shows up.
But 40, 50, 60, year old cars are long gone, in this modern day and age.
They also have a 69 Chrysler 300, two rows down from this car.
Boy, that Chrysler, is HEAVILY picked apart.

Last edited:
Jim,
Are the metal trim pieces for the headliner on the driver and passenger sides still there? I think they are called A Pillar Trim.

@hemi71x

Looks like it has some good parts left. Here in San Jose we just got 2 mopars in, a 66 Monaco and a 73 coronet crestwood wagon with 440 in it. Lots of good parts on those also.

71746583302__FDB5D70E-4E91-483D-B10E-CFE2290BEB60.jpeg

71746494310__E30CA9B6-6D3C-474F-8A36-979523DEF559.jpeg

71746491934__A9F35A55-31AA-4A68-8C09-CF96E73EE274.jpeg

71746491311__0B95B37D-410B-4566-BDF2-0FD295F7CB9D.jpeg

71746492807__9976AB56-CB49-4E43-AB6B-606C00D65682.jpeg

I wonder who put a 8 3/4" in that Dart? Never seen a 318/auto with one. Stick only 3 spd cars as far as i know.

I wonder who put a 8 3/4" in that Dart? Never seen a 318/auto with one. Stick only 3 spd cars as far as i know.
That other "picker" made out very well on that car.
Small bolt pattern Rallye Wheels, 8 3/4 Rear End.
I was over there just for the center caps, on the wheels, but that other guy beat me, in getting them.

Both of my 318/auto 71 Dart's had 8 3/4's from the factory. It was pretty common.
That other "picker" made out very well on that car.
Small bolt pattern Rallye Wheels, 8 3/4 Rear End.
I was over there just for the center caps, on the wheels, but that other guy beat me, in getting them.

Sounds like it! Couple hundred bucks for an A-body 8 3/4 is a steal.

He must have a source there, or spends more time than I do looking at the pages. I got the email notification today, too late for any of that stuff.

Although, honestly, I don't need any more parts and I'm not very good at selling stuff once I've got it so it's probably for the best!

Both of my 318/auto 71 Dart's had 8 3/4's from the factory. It was pretty common.

Sounds like it! Couple hundred bucks for an A-body 8 3/4 is a steal.

He must have a source there, or spends more time than I do looking at the pages. I got the email notification today, too late for any of that stuff.

Although, honestly, I don't need any more parts and I'm not very good at selling stuff once I've got it so it's probably for the best!
I asked that guy that question, "how he got there so fast?"
I got that notification in the evening hours.
He told me he was there yesterday.
So he must have seen them putting it out in the row.
Lucky him.
He scored big time.

I asked that guy that question, "how he got there so fast?"
I got that notification in the evening hours.
He told me he was there yesterday.
So he must have seen them putting it out in the row.
Lucky him.
He scored big time.
the notifications are BS, as are the online inventory put downs.

i saw something thursday online, got the notification that afternoon, late. was there at the opening bell friday. car was middle of the row and the stuff was long gone to saskatchewan. cars up and down the row were tore the F apart, like been there days picked over.

also, some of their "classics" pricing is straight horseshit. doubling up the price on certain stuff is lame AF business practice. and don't get me started on the skittering demons behind the windows that don't know their *** from a hole in the ground on what they're trying to charge you for.

For the folks who missed out - don't worry, all the parts will soon be on craigslist/facebook.

Lol, no doubt! :rofl:

It’s ok, just saved me from myself. Better somebody scores them and makes a few bucks reselling them to the larger market than they end up in my pile of hoarded parts. Or crushed, but those yards get watched pretty closely still so that’s unlikely.

I’ve gotten lucky on my share of parts from pickNpull. My whole fold down seat set up for my Duster came from there, a whole front clip off another ‘71 Dart. Several 8 3/4’s, although none were A bodies. But a few FMJ disk brake set ups, even an 11.75” B/R set and some 11” drum set ups. Even scored a whole Durango knuckles out brake upgrade and larger torsion bars for my old ‘02 Dakota 4wd from there, so now my 5.9 Dakota rocks the bigger and MUCH better Durango/1500 brakes and the larger Durango torsion bars.

I still light up a bit when I see a relevant car hit the yard, but really the last thing I need is to drive down the hill and spend a day in the gravel pulling parts I don’t really need, just because they’re cheap.

Dang i wish i knew this i need parts door U channels coiple small stuff for my 70 340 duster project.

but really the last thing I need is to drive down the hill and spend a day in the gravel pulling parts I don’t really need, just because they’re cheap.
Man, ain't that the truth! There was a time when I'd do anything to score good parts on the cheap 'just in case' I ever needed them. Now, I've come to the point where my time is more valuable to me than spending a day under a car in a gravel lot just to score some parts that'll just end up on the shelf potentially never to be seen again. If I need something, I'll gladly pay for the convenience. I definitely understand the enjoyment of the hunt though.

Man, ain't that the truth! There was a time when I'd do anything to score good parts on the cheap 'just in case' I ever needed them. Now, I've come to the point where my time is more valuable to me than spending a day under a car in a gravel lot just to score some parts that'll just end up on the shelf potentially never to be seen again. If I need something, I'll gladly pay for the convenience. I definitely understand the enjoyment of the hunt though.
Yup... There was a time I'd jump in my truck & spend days off hitting Pick n Pulls from as far south as Bakersfield, Fresno & Merced my local yard here in Modesto, heading north Stockton, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Rocklin & Fairfield... Plus San Jose & Moss Landing... Back then there were times when there were 3-4 A body 8.75's.. Lots of manual trans cars with pedals if not complete manual trans conversions whether 3 or 4 speed... Tons of B & E bodies... Seemed like what ever you wanted it could be found... Then they all just seemed to disappear...

-
Back