1971 Dodge Dart with 1970 Dart Bumper

-

mbg101

Reaction score
Are there any issues with installing a 1970 Dart bumper on a 1971 Dart Swinger? This bumper, from what I can tell, did not have the bumper guard bolt patterns and appears to be a little more angled on the sides. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of the bumper I am considering. Does this look like a 70 Bumper?

Potential.jpg

Yes they will swap with no problems. They are the same. If it is the rear though you will need the tail lights out of the 70 Dart as thy are different and will not interchange betwen 71 bumpers. The bumpers them self are just a bolt on swap though front and rear.

Are there any issues with installing a 1970 Dart bumper on a 1971 Dart Swinger? This bumper, from what I can tell, did not have the bumper guard bolt patterns and appears to be a little more angled on the sides. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of the bumper I am considering. Does this look like a 70 Bumper?

70-71 bumpers are the same and will swap. So will a 72 bumper. The only difference in the 72 bumper from the 70-71 is the 72 has slots in it for a bumper jack. 70-72 bumpers can be interchanged with each other. That is either a 70 or 71 Dart front bumper in the pic you posted. It will fit your car. I can see what you mean when you say it looks more angled. Could just be the angle the pic was taken at though. Here is a pic of my 70 Dart bumper for a comparison.

Dart.jpg

They are the same bumper. Bumper that have bumper guards use the bolt holes closest to the license plate. Remove the bumper bolts and the stud on the bumper guard goes threw there.

Thanks for everyones help. I have decided to purchase the bumper. Much better than my current with a large dent and bent corner.

-
Back