-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71Demon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a rare 1971 Dodge Demon true 340 car. Has fender tag and VIN tag. It is a EV2 Orange car with black vinyl top and black longitudinal and transverse stripes. Rallye dash with Tac. Drip rail moldings, and grill trim moldings, painted rallye mirrors, bucket seats, tinted glass, A/C, Sport Hood with hood pins , light package, woodgrain interior, power brakes. Don't have the motor or transmission. Very solid car and very straight. In Primer now but EV2 shows all around. This is a very very rare color combo and a very highly optioned Demon. These are hard to find as you all well know. I don't have time to get to this car for the resto I had planned so it's up for sale. I have a clear Idaho title signed by the owner. I have 6500 in the car and will intertain reasonable offers close to this amount. No need to low ball me I won't give it away. Be reasonable and it can be yours. I'll ry and load some pictures but I can e-mail them if you PM me. Thanks. I'm in South Texas close to San Antonio.

Attachments

• Sept 2007 73.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,154
  • Sept 2007 071.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,870
  • Sept 2007 075.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,016
Anyone interested?? This would be a nice easy project car and a rare one to say the least.

Nice car! I was looking for one like this about a year ago. I now have one too many cars so it isn't in the cards for me. Dang!

Hi...Do you have a good running 340 and 727 tranny?..Does this have a posi?, if so, what's the gear ratio?...So, basically, all it would need is paint and stripes....I think I'd be interested if you could come up with a motor and tranny and driveshaft, if it's missing, at least!

Just Paint and stripes. NO. I'm not going to say that. The body is very good. I will say that. This is a 40+ year old car for goodness sake. You would need to go thru everything in my restoration experience. Wheel bearings, suspension, etc. It does have the 8 3/4 posi rear. Not sure of the ratio. I do have a 727 that was recently gone thru that I would sell separately. Might have a 340 block only I might sell you if you buy the car only. Not the number match stuff.

Can you post some pictures of the floor boards, frame etc?
Also a couple more interior and a shot of the trunk floor?
Thanks

Floors, trunk and frame are all solid. I can try and post some pics on Monday. Not near the car until then.

I always liked those cars, that'd be perfect for a modern "hemi" swap (since its not #'s matching)....
Interested in trades?
Thanks

.....................is it just me or does it have a 72 hood............kim...........

I was thinking the same thing.
The snorkle scoop wasn't available in '71, but i like it all the same.
Where in Idaho did it come from?
A lot of really clean almost rust free cars come out of there.
Seems like they didn't use a lot of salt there back in the day.

Nampa Idaho. Correct hood. Has the Sport Hood J54 Code on the fender tag. Late 71's I was told, had the option. I do believe it to be original to the car also because of the EV2 on the underside and looks to be an exact match to the firewall and engine compartment color.

Some floor and other pics I had.

Attachments

• Sept 2007 075.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Sept 2007 074.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,306
  • DSCN2848.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,305
  • DSCN2847.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,332
  • DSCN2853.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,286
  • DSCN2852.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,348
Here are some more pics. Forgot about a dent that was put in the back qtr pushing the car into the covered parking spot. Been a few years ago. Sorry. Its not too bad and should be an easy fix. Also forgot it has the factory holes for the Go Wing too. Hope that is a plus enough to overlook the dent...lol.

Attachments

• DSCN2860.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,295
  • DSCN2858.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,297
  • DSCN2859.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,300
  • DSCN2878.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,258
  • DSCN2851.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Nampa Idaho. Correct hood. Has the Sport Hood J54 Code on the fender tag. Late 71's I was told, had the option. I do believe it to be original to the car also because of the EV2 on the underside and looks to be an exact match to the firewall and engine compartment color.

Thank you, i stand corrected.
What is the build date of the car?
Is there any evidence of it having the ''wine glass'' stripe on the hood as well?
As far as i can see, it doesn't and maybe that threw me off.
A fender tag pic would help.
Looks like to me that whatever little rust and slight body damage it has would be easy to repair and the car is very solid.

Cant get a picture to focus correct but the Fender tag reads: N85 R11 V6X V8X EN1/L25 M21, M43, N41, N42/G55 G11 G36 H51 J45 J54/ V1X U A01 A88 B51 C16/ EV2 M6X9 5X8 A27 051927/ E55 D32 LM29 H1B 193125

DartNut, interested in buying the car?

I'm thinking about it.
I think the price is pretty good for what it is, i just wish the car was in Idaho still so i could have a look at it.
I have a '71 Demon sizzler project and another car someone has been dragging their feet on buying from me and i would like another '71 Demon to build to replace them.
According to the fender tag numbers, the car was built on October 27, 1971 and isn't an early build car. Not a big deal, yours is a nicely optioned car.
Thanks for posting them, and hopefully someone buys it from you if my deal falls through, i know you can't wait forever.

Heres a few more pics of the trunk and underside as requested by some folks. Anything else you need to see let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN2975.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 934
  • DSCN2962.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 937
  • DSCN2974.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 944
  • DSCN2972.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 889
  • DSCN2970.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCN2967.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 924

in 71 the J54 hood option would be the dual scoops like a 70 Dart

Attachments

• 184.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 918
That may be true, if going by codes alone, but this hood sure looks like it is original to the car. Underside paint is a match to the car for sure. You know Mopar Dealers did a lot of crazy stuff back in the day. Maybe a buyers order preference or a Dealer idea for show. I don't know. Who does for sure. It will look good either way. Best thing is, it's got the code, which is a BIG plus to me and should be to any restorer.

I'm thinking about it.
I think the price is pretty good for what it is, i just wish the car was in Idaho still so i could have a look at it.
I have a '71 Demon sizzler project and another car someone has been dragging their feet on buying from me and i would like another '71 Demon to build to replace them.
According to the fender tag numbers, the car was built on October 27, 1971 and isn't an early build car. Not a big deal, yours is a nicely optioned car.
Thanks for posting them, and hopefully someone buys it from you if my deal falls through, i know you can't wait forever.

Per the tag that car has a SPD of Oct. 27 1970 so it isn't the earliest but it IS an early build car.
That hood paint matches because it looks like the engine compartment was painted.
The hood is NOT correct for that SPD on a 340 Demon.
Rear bumper is a 73 also. like you said it's 40+ years later.
Just an FYI
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back