Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This Demon started as a six-cylinder/auto/7.25” rear end car, but I replaced it with a 1998 5.9L Magnum from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. The new engine is mated to a Torqueflite 904 automatic transmission that shifts strong and feeds to a 1968 Coronet 8.75” rear end with 10”x2.5” drum brakes that have been rebuilt. It has a brown bench seat interior, power steering, and column shift.

IMG_0574.jpg

Both the rear end and the front suspension have been converted to the common big lug bolt pattern, and the front brakes are all Wilwood with 11.75" rotors and 4-piston Dynalite calipers. It also has a new Wilwood master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve. Other upgrades include a new dash panel with Autometer electric gauges and Detroit Speed and Engineering LEDs, professionally shortened and balanced driveshaft (by Driveline Service of West Sacramento), rewired engine wiring harness, and a fully-repainted engine bay. The white wagon wheels are temporary and any 15x7 or 15x8 mopar wheel will fit in the wheel wells.

DSCN2571.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

The shining star of this car, the 5.9L (360cid) Magnum engine, boasts a full rebuild and upgrade. The short block was machined by Mother's Machine Shop in Fair Oaks. The stock crank and connecting rods turn SpeedPro pistons and Sealed Power rings. It's connected to a Hughes Engines 1418ALN camshaft by a Comp Cams double-roller timing set, lifting a stock 5.9 Magnum valvetrain sitting on Racing Head Service 5.9L Magnum heads. These heads are of new castings and have no freeze plugs and do not crack between the valve seats.

Hughes Engines valvesprings and retainers hold the valves. Air comes in from the Edelbrock 625 Performer Series carburetor through an Edelbrock Air Gap intake, and exhaust leaves through a set of Hooker long-tube Competition headers and out back through a Summit Racing true dual 2.5" exhaust system. The car was dyno’d on the Mustang Dynomometer at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento, and made approximately 350hp (@5500RPM) and 390lbft (@4200RPM) to the crank (274hp/312lbft to the wheels).

DSCN4449-1.jpg

There are some rough spots on the car: the entire spare tire well was rusted out, so I cut out the affected area and riveted in a galvanized sheet as a temporary replacement. It should be easily removable with a chisel or a drill, and a new AMD trunk floor will weld right in. The tail panel had been crunched a little bit, so I pulled the area as best I could with my stud welder and painted it green to match the rest of the body. It's far from perfect, but it looks alright right now and new tail panels are available in the aftermarket as well. Finally, there is some bubbling paint on the driver's side rear quarter wheel lip. It's pretty common on Mopars from this vintage, and patch panels are produced for this area. In general, anyone with welding and minor bodywork skills could repair the damaged areas easily.

Additionally, the interior is not in the greatest condition, but I have been replacing items and taking measures to clean it up as I have time.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Recent changes:
1. Removed cracked/peeling/nasty dash pad to reveal metal below (ready for new dash pad or leave it bare metal for a while)

2. New remanufactured steering box made the steering tight and the tracking straight.

3. Wired an iPod/media player connection into the car, using an amp in the trunk and a connection in the cab. Plays through two brand-new 6x9 speakers in the package tray.

I am looking for $4700 OBO. The title is clean, and the tail panel damage came from accidently backing it into my other car, not a street collision.

I plan to move soon and I can't take it with me.

More pictures are available upon further request. Just email me or call me (Brian) at 530-400-3045 if you are interested or have any questions. The car is located in Davis, CA 95616. Thanks for taking a look.

62 views....is my car not worth this price? I would like to know one way or the other I guess

I'd but it if you were a little closer..in NY here

I think the price is a good starting point for negotiations..it's a nice car but not a $5 large car JMHO.

Hey you guys on the east coast.Wanna loan me the money? lol...

This car was sold over 1 year ago, and it was shipped from Cali to Georgia.

It is now a father son project vehicle, intended for the son to drive to HS/college, as I recall.

This was a great deal, given what you received as a start to a good '71 Demon driver with stout 360, for very little money.

You have to remember all the cars have dropped with the economy.

If I had one I wanted to sell right now. I would probably hang on it or a while unless it was a must sell situation.

I think you have a good price on the car. However, just because people are looking donsen'tmean there interested or ready to purchase a car.

I think they call that "Window shopping." LOL!

NICE! car dude. Just wait a bit, do not be so up in arms about alot of veiws and no sale.

Do people read the entire thread? This car sold over a year ago. Seems seller and buyer were happy with the results...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back