Status
Not open for further replies.

bonestockduster

ITakesAMoparToCatchMopar
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm selling my '71 Demon. Its a factory hot rod with a 318 V-8, 3-speed Manuel on the floor, And a 8 3/4 rear end. Manual steering, manual brakes. Front drum brakes. Has rust on lower rear quarters (both sides, And in the trunk where the spare tire goes. Has clean AZ title. Needs complete restoration.Its practically a complete car. Still has motor and trans in it. Its a factory B5 Blue. Asking 2500 OBO. It needs too go. Too many other projects. Please call me at 520-461-3787 Mark Oh and the car is in Tucson,Az

Vin: LL29G1B166729

Heres the fender Tag:

GB5 U R11 EN1

GB5 E2B7 GB7 AO6 032526

E44 D13 LL29 G1B 166729

To post pics go down from where you write your message to where it says Manage Attachments. Pics can't be too large or you'll have to resize them at Photobucket.com or elsewhere. Mike

Sorry 318's were NEVER put in anything considered a hot rod...

Sorry 318's were NEVER put in anything considered a hot rod...

No. A Slant six was never put in anything considered a hot rod. Well, Think of it this way. At least its a 318 V-8 car instead of a 225 slant six car.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Heres what came up on your vin decoder.

Vehicle Identification Number: LL29G1B166729
Vehicle Model: Dart/Demon
Vehicle Class: Low Price Class (Dart, Dart Swinger Special, Demon, Coronet, Charger Coupe)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Sports Hardtop/Special Edition
Vehicle Engine: 318 CID/230 HP 2 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1971
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 166729

Name one truely high performance car that left the factory with a 318 in it,....answer NONE!!! by the way that car has some serious rust issues 2800.00 is way too high,but if you get it good for you..

Name one truely high performance car that left the factory with a 318 in it,....answer NONE!!! by the way that car has some serious rust issues 2800.00 is way too high,but if you get it good for you..

You know what?:thebirdm: I never said anything about it being a high performance car. Ok?! Show me where i said it was. Stop assuming that its a high performance.

And dont be jealous that i have this car and you dont.

Hot rod and high performance are basically the same term!!!...jealous!!! trust me,i have no need to be envy of anyones car...

I guess us chevy guys have a different definition of Hot Rod Than Mopar Guys.

That would make sense since they made SS 6 cylinder Chevy II's and small block SS Impalas, Lame! Although the 318 Mopar is probably one of the best Mopar "work horse" engines there is, it is not consider HP or a factory Hot Rod by Mopar or us the Mopar guys. The last time I logged on this site it was a Mopar site, but then again my definition of Mopar must be different than yours.

Chuck

That would make sense since they made SS 6 cylinder Chevy II's and small block SS Impalas, Lame! Although the 318 Mopar is probably one of the best Mopar "work horse" engines there is, it is not consider HP or a factory Hot Rod by Mopar or us the Mopar guys. The last time I logged on this site it was a Mopar site, but then again my definition of Mopar must be different than yours.

Chuck

But Again. Everything you get for a new car is an option. For my demon, It could've been a 340 car, but i guess the guy was low on money and got a 318 for all i know. or ether that it was the 340 or the rear end. But then again, if you got the 340 option, its gonna come with the 8 3/4 rear end anyway. Maybe thats why the car doesnt have any options on it. because he had a budget.

That may very well be, but we just don't consider them Hot Rods. That is all, we, the Mopar guys are saying. I have a '72 Duster optioned just like yours except it was a 6 and not and 8, I just put a 318 in it because they are a great motor. There definately is value in your car because it is a factory V8 car but us Mopar guys don't try to make something out of something that it is not. I was a GM guy years ago and it seems to be par for the course for the GM guys to try and sugar coat something trying to get that much more money. If you try to over sell something you will most likely turn guys away, well at least our kind of guys.

Chuck

You just lost me, bonestockduster. Mike:bootysha:

Because 340srule is making a big deal about i said "Factory Hot Rod" in the add. And it seems like Because ima chevy guy, When we say hot rod, we dont mean "High Performance" Like 340srule said. To us, it just looks cool or something. Like the demon, Its got no power steering, no power brakes, No ac and stuff. Its got the 8 3/4 in it. Inside, instead of carpet, its got the mats. its a bench seat 3-speed on the floor, soo on and soo forth. too me, its a hot rod. because of those things

I'm just kidding you Mark. I think what guys are saying is, and its pretty well known with Mopars, that as far as small blocks go, the 340s and 360s are more performance oriented, where the 318 is more the reliable long lasting smallblock Mopar. Not that you can't make 318s run strong. That car was was probably a nice little ride when it was new, but it looks to need quite a bit to get it roadworthy again. I would think that $1,000 to $1,250 would be a fair asking price. Thats just my opinion. Mike

Well this one guy said that i can make more parting it out. Like the 4-speed set up and the column., Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back