1971 Dodge Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1,000.00 to maybe $1,200.00 would be fair for it , at Barret Jackson maybe would get $20,000.00 for it if you wash it and clean the inside. It appears in the pictrues it needs alot. Good Luck with your car! Try E-bay maybe get $1,500.00 for the car you never know until you try.:cheers:

I think whats hurting you is you made a post (barn find) and we all know it cost you 200$ and now you want 2800. Thats not the way people havetreated me here.we are mopar brothers. I think you are just a greedy chevy guy. why dont you take offers and let someone have the car who really wants it,or ebay it.

Oh my. The poor car.
I’ll take the Mopar "two barrel hot rod for 2500" if you’ll deliver it to Atlanta.
But only because I’m an idiot and have a soft spot for orphan Mopars.

I think whats hurting you is you made a post (barn find) and we all know it cost you 200$ and now you want 2800. Thats not the way people have treated me here.we are mopar brothers. I think you are just a greedy chevy guy. why dont you take offers and let someone have the car who really wants it,or ebay it.

You know i have been taking offers. And it says 2500 not 2800. And it say or best offer. Thats what obo means if you don't already know. At least im being honest with everything. Instead of saying something like. You wouldn't guess how much i got this car for. Us chevy guys arent greedy. Mopar guys are people who go around bugging old people if they want too sell the dart swinger. And you guys offer them 500 bucks for it. Then you go and sell in for 2500-3000.

I think whats hurting you is you made a post (barn find) and we all know it cost you 200$ and now you want 2800. Thats not the way people havetreated me here.we are mopar brothers. I think you are just a greedy chevy guy. why dont you take offers and let someone have the car who really wants it,or ebay it.

I kind of disagree with this. What he paid for the car has no bearing on the actual value. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, should you only get $50 value at the store because you FOUND it? NOPE!

Could he pass along a good deal to someone else because the car was acquired at a very low cost, sure. I do that same thing all the time as some of the guys here know. I pass along leads for parts that I could make some serious $$ on, that I have no interest/need of, because it's that community thing. Sometime the community itself is bigger than the money. I've gotten some GREAT cars/leads (Mark knows about my Duster deals) because of the way I treated people and really believe if you do good deeds, it comes back in spades.

I know he got the car for $200 and spent some time and money getting the title issues squared away. Is the car worth $2800, no. Had it been a rust free car with minor bumps and bruises, possibly mid 2K, if it runs. In it's current condition the car is a task for someone unafraid of panel replacement. I'm not scared by that but I also value my time in getting it back together... and there is ALWAYS more rust hidden than whats on the surface, GUARANTEED!

Do I think such a car should be parted out, NO! These cars are always worth more in parts than whole, just the way it is. I cut up a 72 Petty Blue twister because it was just too rough even for me. If $$$$ drive you then that's the way to go. If allowing someone to save a piece of Detroit History means anything, take the reasonable offer, make a profit and move on knowing you did something noble.

I'm very interested in the car because I love Demons and Dusters. I'm pretty savvy with values and the work involved. Mark knows what I think the car is worth and I let him know the range I'm willing to pay, got cash and trailer, which is consistent with other posters assessments. Ball is in his court.

Does Mark deserve the ball busting? IMHO, no. He's really a good kid trying to make it in the world. Cut him some slack.

Mark, a piece of advice... apply the bucket of crap theory. If a bucket of crap has a hard top shell and a stick stuck in it that you can grab, LEAVE THE STICK ALONE. Cause once you break the top crust it stink up the place real bad. Get where I'm going with this...

I kind of disagree with this. What he paid for the car has no bearing on the actual value. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, should you only get $50 value at the store because you FOUND it? NOPE!

Could he pass along a good deal to someone else because the car was acquired at a very low cost, sure. I do that same thing all the time as some of the guys here know. I pass along leads for parts that I could make some serious $$ on, that I have no interest/need of, because it's that community thing. Sometime the community itself is bigger than the money. I've gotten some GREAT cars/leads (Mark knows about my Duster deals) because of the way I treated people and really believe if you do good deeds, it comes back in spades.

I know he got the car for $200 and spent some time and money getting the title issues squared away. Is the car worth $2800, no. Had it been a rust free car with minor bumps and bruises, possibly mid 2K, if it runs. In it's current condition the car is a task for someone unafraid of panel replacement. I'm not scared by that but I also value my time in getting it back together... and there is ALWAYS more rust hidden than whats on the surface, GUARANTEED!

Do I think such a car should be parted out, NO! These cars are always worth more in parts than whole, just the way it is. I cut up a 72 Petty Blue twister because it was just too rough even for me. If $$$$ drive you then that's the way to go. If allowing someone to save a piece of Detroit History means anything, take the reasonable offer, make a profit and move on knowing you did something noble.

I'm very interested in the car because I love Demons and Dusters. I'm pretty savvy with values and the work involved. Mark knows what I think the car is worth and I let him know the range I'm willing to pay, got cash and trailer, which is consistent with other posters assessments. Ball is in his court.

Does Mark deserve the ball busting? IMHO, no. He's really a good kid trying to make it in the world. Cut him some slack.

Mark, a piece of advice... apply the bucket of crap theory. If a bucket of crap has a hard top shell and a stick stuck in it that you can grab, LEAVE THE STICK ALONE. Cause once you break the top crust it stink up the place real bad. Get where I'm going with this...

hey cracked back, this is marks dad, thanks for the kind words to my kid, he is figuring out how this stuff works. as far as the demon, kinds in general i think get a v-8, stick shift car and it is a hot rod, dont mean crap if it runs slow. anyway, i have always liked demon's and the plan was to keep this thing and fix it up, but like alot of you guys, too many projects, and just cant seem to get them all. i just bought a 69 torino, like one i used to own back when i was a young air force guy, and sold aroung 83. after i got it on the trailer and started looking it over, turns out it was my old car, so naturally it is a keeper. i really dont want to part out the demon, it really deserves to be put back together. personally, i like the odd cars, this thing being a floor shift manual trans with a bench seat is why i like it. i already have an 833 that was going in it probobly with a 360 just cause they are easier to find. if i had a place to park it and forget about it for a while, that is what i would, but that is not an option. i really dont know what this thing is worth, but i figured we would start around there and see where it goes, if it sold right away, some one got a good deal, if it was too high, you guys would let us know, as some of you have, i just dont understand the attitude some times. mark sr.

Mark Sr.

I have to agree with you. The attitude I have seen in this thread really sucks. If people don't like the price somebody puts on thier property, then just don't buy it. You don't have to trash the guy. It is not productive for anyone. The market will let you know if your price is to high, and seeing as Mark put in obo, that took care of what anybody would think it was worth. Just a little word of advice to Mark, it is sometimes better to bite your tongue than to respond to a post. Pissing contests from long range never get settled.
Good luck in selling your Demon.

Jack

I,m man enough to apoligize. i,ll try to keep my comments to myself. just rubbed ne wrong when he said chevy guy .This is a Mopar board last time i checked.

You know i have been taking offers. And it says 2500 not 2800. And it say or best offer. Thats what obo means if you don't already know. At least im being honest with everything. Instead of saying something like. You wouldn't guess how much i got this car for. Us chevy guys arent greedy. Mopar guys are people who go around bugging old people if they want too sell the dart swinger. And you guys offer them 500 bucks for it. Then you go and sell in for 2500-3000.

Ive never sold one of my Mopars unless to family or friends. You have me confused with the profiteers out there. I,m not in it for the money unless its the shut up money when I blow doors off some crap talker ,thinks my mopar dont run.Not reffering to you there. i hope someday you fall in love with mopars like i have. apologys for being crude. Pete

Chevy guy trying to sell a Mopar,.has always been good for a laugh!!!,then again you guys think anything with a 350 is a "hot rod" too...

Bottom line,
Hopefully the car gets sold "complete" to someone who will bring it back to its original glory.

Bottom line,
Hopefully the car gets sold "complete" to someone who will bring it back to its original glory.

That would be my plan! :thumrigh:

Wish I would have known about it before the title work increased the price.

Although it takes two to tango it was you, the chevy guys that thru the first blow by tell us guys, that know Mopars that a 318 is considered a hot rod and that the /6 was never considered a hot rod, both statements are untrue. We tried to explain to you decently at first why the 318 was not considered a hot rod but you kept insisting it was which eventually ticked off a few of us. Then came the chevy thing, which is game on for us Mopar guys. Here it is in the plain and simple, we get enough grief from chevy guys at the track, shows and what have you so we sure as heck are not going to take any crap from a chevy guy in our house. We don't consider all v8 cars hot rods and we don't care that chevy guys do. If you want to play in our house you have to play by our rules. If we come to your house we will play by your rules.

Chuck

Its Barret Jackson fever :snakeman:(greed) and dishonest:munky2: mopar people that has ruined the car hobby (for mostly MOPAR), for parts and car projects (ford,chevy,and mopar) there is to much BS. Good luck $200.00 to $400.00 profit is good(use the profit to reinvest in another car and make some more profit small amount). Buying and selling is a hard business(dealing with people chevy,ford, or mopar is the hardest) Its a bad thing to let everyone know what you paid for on the net take this as a learning experince for you and move on next thing. I have been into mopars for over thirty years now (last 5 years have really sucked) but iam going to stick with it for a few more years and get out myself in 2 to 5 years. Stan

Some of you guys must live in some tough places!.Ive never had much of a problem with chevy people-or others trash taliking for the most part unless it was all in good fun-alot of my good friends are chevy guys.Ive owned mopars,pontiacs and chevys,sure there are jerks in every crowd but Ive seen just as many mopar guys (especially e-body guys) thumbing theyre nose to others cars-including fellow mopars-as any camaro guy!.I guess what Im saying is that seemed like alot of public nit-picking and ridicule to lay on someone-thats what p.m.s or for in my opinion-hell reminded me of a certain pontiac website I used to visit lol!.

Some of you guys must live in some tough places!.Ive never had much of a problem with chevy people-or others trash taliking for the most part unless it was all in good fun-alot of my good friends are chevy guys.Ive owned mopars,pontiacs and chevys,sure there are jerks in every crowd but Ive seen just as many mopar guys (especially e-body guys) thumbing theyre nose to others cars-including fellow mopars-as any camaro guy!.I guess what Im saying is that seemed like alot of public nit-picking and ridicule to lay on someone-thats what p.m.s or for in my opinion-hell reminded me of a certain pontiac website I used to visit lol!.

I don't remember anyone trash talking someone. It seems chevy people have a lower expectation of what is a hot rod than a Mopar guy that's all. The real problem is that we were tring to be sold on that lower expectation of performance idea and we are not going down that path.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back