1971 Dodge Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark,

Good luck with the sale...

Wish I would have known when it was for sale for 1K without title, Bummer!

I'm out as I bought a running 360 4 gear 71 Duster $1300.

Mark Sr.

I have to agree with you. The attitude I have seen in this thread really sucks. If people don't like the price somebody puts on thier property, then just don't buy it. You don't have to trash the guy. It is not productive for anyone. The market will let you know if your price is to high, and seeing as Mark put in obo, that took care of what anybody would think it was worth. Just a little word of advice to Mark, it is sometimes better to bite your tongue than to respond to a post. Pissing contests from long range never get settled.
Good luck in selling your Demon.

Jack

Jack couldn't have said it better. I've seen him around on several sites and he's a level-headed guy with a very nice Demon.

I used to come to this site daily, but finally threw in the towel about a year ago due to all the BS, nasty comments and trash talking. Tonight's my first night back and apparently nothing's changed. That's disappointing.

I'm on half a dozen other Mopar sites and people are very helpful. Not sure why it is, but here it seems like people have a tendency to get really brave behind the monitor, in the comfort of their living rooms.

This Demon needs work, but it's got the right rear end, is a stick car, and has low options. That makes it marketable in my mind and it has the potential to be a ground pounder if someone wanted to put the effort, time and money into it.

Good luck with it!

Sell Pending

I guess this means you won't be delivering the car to me for 2500?
(I'm was only half kidding.) Hope it goes to a good home.:cheers:

Anyway, this has nothing to do with your sale, but I long for the good old days when the Ford pissing on Chevy guys left me alone.
Now some people like my choice in cars.
Some people try and pull my chain.
Chrysler was "above" the crowd as far as I was concerned.

All the Barrett Jackson hype has infected people?
It has put "Mopars" on the map, I guess.
It's not a good thing IMO.

I don't remember anyone trash talking someone. It seems chevy people have a lower expectation of what is a hot rod than a Mopar guy that's all. The real problem is that we were tring to be sold on that lower expectation of performance idea and we are not going down that path.

Chuck

My point was with all the attitude displayed about so called chevy guys it seems like a few here have been down right abused by them!.I also respectfully disagree with your comment about chevy owners ideas of performance,I know alot of guys here with chevys running very respectable times and they have alot of respect for other makes of cars.I think when people label others they need to take a second and think about the negative impact they have on the hobby as a whole-after all the love of wrenching on, driving and racing cars is not just a mopar thing.

I apologized. What? you want it in blood.I aint hiding behind s*** my pics right in my avatar. You need my adress.

I apologized. What? you want it in blood.I aint hiding behind s*** my pics right in my avatar. You need my adress.

I dont get what your trying too say. I saw that you apologized. And im ok with that i said. Than i said no hard feeling? Sorry i said chevy guy. Oh i like mopars, I used too have a 73 duster slant 6 with a 4bbl offenhouser intake and a cherry bomb. But for some reason, it didnt sem right, i dont know why. So i sold that and bought a.....umm.... A 68 El Camino. that im going too make an SS clone. At the time, I didnt have enough money too keep the duster running, cause each time i fix something, then i find something else wrong. Soo, i started looking for another car, than i found the elky. soo i had too sell the Duster too buy the elky. The elky had a new crate motor in it, which i've heard that you should'nt race with them because they have the a tendency too spin bearings , but i do anyway. but its alot better than the duster. I'd admit that i do regret selling the duster but things just keeped happening too it that i had not enough money too fix it. Someday ill buy another 73 duster and finish it, even if i dont get too it right away, at least i would have one and the money too spend on it. And the duster is going too be my race car.

good luck with selling the demon i saw it on craigslist down there have some family down there so i keep and eye on stuff down there just in case. Seems like a good project price did seem a little high to me but like you said maybe someone would have jumped on it and you would have taken the money and been happy but i see that didnt happen just take that one as lesson learned. As far as you being a chevy guy im sorry just kidding at least its not a ricer. Good luck with the sale and with the el camino.

good luck with selling the demon i saw it on craigslist down there have some family down chthere so i keep and eye on stuff down there just in case. Seems like a good project price did seem a little high to me but like you said maybe someone would have jumped on it and you would have taken the money and been happy but i see that didnt happen just take that one as lesson learned. As far as you being a chevy guy im sorry just kidding at least its not a ricer. Good luck with the sale and with the el camino.

this is mark sr. although jr says he is a chevy guy, he isnt. his favorite car is a 69 charger, i really like 68 chargers, neither of which is affordable any more. i consider myself a hot rodder. i have owned a 68 coronet with a 383, a 68 390 torino and a 69 351 torino, 69 camaro, 65 rambler, all in my younger days with no money so most had used cams, headers, etc and i street raced the crap out of all of them, i probobly wouldnt want to take any to the track today cause i would probobly be dissapointed, but they sure seemed fast at the time and they were my hot rods. i have had good mopar friends, ford friends, chevy friends, pontiacs also. to me, it doesnt matter what brand car you like, that is what makes things interesting, im just into any of the old what people call muscle cars these days. i really like the demon and have always wanted one with a 4-speed, dual scoops, plain jane interior, nasty cam and just beat the crap out of it. i have always thought the small block mopar was a nasty little motor. any way, im sure the demon will not be parted out, and if you guys want, i will let you guys know if it gets sold, thanks, mark

No. A Slant six was never put in anything considered a hot rod. Well, Think of it this way. At least its a 318 V-8 car instead of a 225 slant six car.

Careful now, Bonestock, them's fightin' words.
Last October in the Lonestar Shootout at Houston Raceway Park, I witnessed the slant six-powered "Buzzin' Half Dozen" from Nebraska (?) run a 10.39 1/4 mile, smoking a Lil' Red Express with a cop 360 in the opposite lane.
icon10.gif

There are slant sixes--- and there are slant sixes.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back