[SOLD] 1971 Duser 340 H code 4 spd

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for not beating me up on my price. I know it's a bit steep for todays market but I know you guys can appreciate how much time and money it takes to do one like this.

Well thanks for saying thanks 71 and ya talking for myself the market would have to get real good for me just to break even. Ah I don't care as I told the wife this is the last one, yea right.:-D

I would'nt change those rims add exhaust tips yes. You'll get good money for that car just not now,that's a really awesome car! Who ever listens to NADA you can't their too far off on the collector car market.

NADA has an interesting take on values between a 71/72 340 4-speed Duster.......can anyone explain why?:read2:
It looks flawed to me, they have the 72's higher than the 71 on the dusters and demons. All things being equal 71's usually sell for more $$

I would think the 71 340 would be worth more just for the rallye dash if nothing else.

I would think the 71 340 would be worth more just for the rallye dash if nothing else.

The motor differences seem to be the biggest factor. The advertised horsepower difference due to the 71's having 10.25:1 compression and 72 340's having a cast crank.

The 72 model year for musclecars has a negative mystique about it because of the emissions and regulation changes. Lower compression, unleaded gas, front bumper changes, carbon canisters on a lot of models, etc, etc. For the most part the price on 72's are lower across the boards, all makes.

Bottom line is that once you rebuilt these 72 motors, internally they have just as much potentional on the street as the 71 motors. There is not much visually outside the motor that will slow you down.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/TSBs/1972/09-07-72C page1.jpg

Chrysler starting using cast cranks in the 340 just three months before 72 production ended. This is a very misunderstood fact......

Also if you know your Thermoquad history, 72 was the best performing unit out of all years......

Personally I love the 72 tail lights over the 70,71......but this one year only production makes it tough finding replacements..:(

The biggest difference would be with the 10.25cr motor and the 2.02 heads on the 71's, they were quicker, then a BIG next would be the ralley dash IMO much nicer than the 72's, Then you have smaller differences like the cone center caps on the ralleys, the Black wrinkle finish "open" air cleaner, the air metered 71 T-quad patterned after the competition series t-quads, (More than a few experts and class racers agree this is the best performance Quad) the later t-quads were a better daily driver carb. Next the pre April 71 340's were Street hemi orange and not blue, Marker lites were flush with the body and don't stick out like later years, so all in all the 71's usually bring about 20% more in what i have noticed in the last 10 years or so that i have been watching these.

Attachments

• demon new 004 (1280x853).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 262
  • demon new 003 (640x427).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 022 (1280x853).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 295
I really feel for you! I know how you must feel with the first bidding only going to 16k! My son & I just finished our 70 Duster to stock specs and it's a matching number car also with fender tag and build code sheet. Same as you everything is pretty much new or rebuilt and I know we have over 30 grand in it and I'm betting you have the same if not more. And looking at your pictures, you did everything right! It's depressing to see maybe top dollar of about 22k, for a nice Duster, especially when you see non stock, non matching number cars of other varieties going for more. We thought about advertising ours, be we know the market is just not there. We've decided to just wait it out a while and see if the market changes. All I can say is just hang in there. You've done a great job on the car, don't let people get it for next to nothing! It's worth every penny you are asking! I think a lot of people expect to buy these things for pennies on the dollar

Thanks A340. I appreciate the nice comments. Like you, I don't plan on giving it away. I'll sit on it and just drive it. I would like to sell to start another project but I'm not in a have to sell situation. I'm sure the market will bounce back soon. Hopefully.

Its not just A bodys. run of the mill 383 RR/superbees, have come way down, everything has dropped.

It's only worth what someone will pay. It's just not that rare of a car. Just think what going to happen when gas hits $5-6 dollars a gallon.

next year theres going to be a lot of mopars sitting in garages unsold due to the constant flipping and rising of prices.

our raises at work cant keep up with this inflation.

no ones having fun anymore. its all about the flip and profit.

maybe its just me.

Its not just A bodys. run of the mill 383 RR/superbees, have come way down, everything has dropped.

Dropped yes. But relative to what.

I think they still beat money in the bank compared to selling one in 2001. I wonder if since 2001 they have increased same, more or less than the average cost of a new car since 2001??

Finally the market or economy came up enough to meet my price, Or just found the right guy who appreciated the attention to detail on this car. Glad I wasn't in a hurry though...lol. I wasn't in any hurry to let it go. It was a fun car and a real attention getter. Moving on to my next project now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back