-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71Demon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Thinking about selling my 71 Duster. See the resto pics on my posts @ My 71 Duster resto. What's it worth? Make a reasonable offer if interested. Originally a 340 H code 3 spd floor shift car. Not a number match 340 engine. Everything on this car is new or refurbished. Take a look. Thanks

Pics are in my previous posts. See My 71 Duster resto.

Did not make the mark on ebay the first time. I just relisted for 27,950 BIN.

I can do a little better deal for A Bodies folks but I've got a lot in this car as you can see.

Super nice car, love the color!! This is a bad market, fully restored hi option 71 duster demon 340's seem stuck in the mid 20's, for a WIW i would say upper teens in this market, but its hard to say all it takes is the right person to see it and fall in love.

Yes, the economy is kind of killing things. Whats a WIW??

Yes, the economy is kind of killing things. Whats a WIW??

WIW = What it's Worth ? ...

Like "71 340 Duster WIW" = What do you think this 71 Duster 340 is worth?

Does the car have an original fender tag and/or buildsheet?

Yes. All the numbers match on the Fender tag, core support, Dash VIN, and Title.

The car is restored to a restified condition (lightly modified).

IMHO, something under $20K.

Price is high by about $10,000 in my opinion. He did ask…….

If I was the seller and needed to sell this car I would make a few changes (to cover more of the market.

1. Finish out the graphics package (340 Stripes and rear graphic)

2. Get stock wheels (rallye) and 4 matching tires in a stock size (Something like a BFG Radial TA).

3. Get the car sitting level.

You should be able to do all of this for a little over $1000 (all would be recovered with the sale of old parts).

The reason I make these suggestions……. Your car would have a "more" stock and finished look, broadening the appeal.

Stock looking is a blank canvas for the potential buyer. They look and the ideas start flowing.

The pool of buyers is larger for a "stock Looking" car vs. the pool of buyers that share your personal taste.

That's some good info. Thanks Guys. Funny but my son and I were just talking about putting on the stripes and rallyes. Giving the stock appeal back to it.

I agree with Formula's assessment.

Stock, original - # matching, with the original drivetrain that the car was born with - bring the best return.

Diveating from original reduces the pool of prospective buyers.

Those that want a hot rod don't care if the car is an original.
Hot Rods have much more limited appeal, and any touches added by the builder may/may not appeal to a prospective buyer. With a hot rod, you have to find that just right buyer who luvs what you did, when you built your car to your tastes, and that buyer is hard to find in tough times.

The same holds true - in the opposite way - for those looking a real factory 340 car - they want a car that looks and documents to what these car were when they were new.

Collectors and those looking for resale value - are drawn to original cars.

Up here you'd be looking at 16-18K, fully restored and numbers matching 71 Duster and Demons are going for 28-32K, I can name ya 2 in the last year. Like was mentioned above, finish the graphics, ralley wheels and BF tires and drop the *** end would probably net you another 5-6K IMHO for what it's worth.8) Also, I couldn't tell from the pictures (maybe I'm blind) if the exhaust pipes ended at the rear bumper If they don't then they should and nice chromed tips.

Beautiful car by the way love the color

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I might just do that soon. I've been wondering how it would look all done back with the stripes, rallyes, and exhaust tips anyway. Might tackle that when it warms up.

Personally I love the 71-72 duster, the market really suck's right now. I believe it will come back, maybe not like the stupid prices people pay at barret, and Mecum, but you will get what you got into it with some patience. We all know what the price of parts are to build these cars, and any of us here will appreciate what it cost to build a car like that. Just my opinion, good luck!

Well I guess we'll find out what the market is like on Jan. 20, or better yet the Barrett Jackson version of the market. That's when a numbers matching fully restored to OEM 70 340 Duster 4 speed comes up for sale. I think the next day there's a 71 340 4 speed Duster, same treatment, but it's been stroked so it should take a penalty for that but who the hell knows. I'd guess 36K for number 1 and 30K for number 2, see how close I get.

Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for not beating me up on my price. I know it's a bit steep for todays market but I know you guys can appreciate how much time and money it takes to do one like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back