1971 duster 340 4spd rotting in ga

-

71petty

Reaction score
hey everyone here are some pics to make you sick this car has been sitting for at least 25 years in the same spot I tried to buy this car 25 yrs ago my friend tried about 18 years ago but he wouldnt sell it for 4000.00 dollars dont you just hate what people do to things others lust for he doesnt live there his sister is next door she cant understand why he wont sell it. he bought it of of the showroom floor as a display model 340-4spd hood tach rear wing dual exh with tips dealer installed air the grille is still perfect the windows have been knocked out for a while the frame is not rusty the floors need help . my cousin drives by it everyday . thanks brian

weekend in valdosta 069.jpg

weekend in valdosta 070.jpg

weekend in valdosta 072.jpg

weekend in valdosta 079.jpg

weekend in valdosta 076.jpg

weekend in valdosta 081.jpg

So...what's the problem?? Four grand for this car is a steal!!
Offer him what he paid for it and throw in a big screen TV!
BUY IT!

Just a little buffing and a couple of windows... Very sad to see cars end up like this, might be fixable still but sitting outside in the rain with broken windows wont be long till the floor rust spreads everywhere.

He's gonna fix it up "someday"

Yeah, I've heard that a million times too. These people don't have a pot to piss in and live in a trailer shack but would rather let the cars sit and rot rather than selling it to someone with the means to REALLY restore it and putting some money in their own pocket. Here's my advice...show up with 4 grand in cash and offer it to him...let him see the money all spread out and let it sink in...He might cave.

That car needs to be saved! Hood tach 340 Wedge! wow

4000.00 is a deal. if you can't buy it. turn us on to it. don't let it get any worse

This was once a beautiful Mopar Muscle car and to see it just rotting away in a field like this is heartbreaking and almost criminal. WHY????? Makes me wonder if some of these people who say that they will restore it someday have brain issues. Who in their right mind would just let such a rare car just rot away in a field. It's a crying shame.

For anybody that thinks this is a stell @ $4,000 dolors, remember, that was the asking price 18 years ago! Not yesterday!
my friend tried about 18 years ago but he wouldnt sell it for 4000.00 dollars
18 years ago, this heep would be worth less than $400!
Re-READ it!

For anybody that thinks this is a stell @ $4,000 dolors, remember, that was the asking price 18 years ago! Not yesterday!

18 years ago, this heep would be worth less than $400!
Re-READ it!

your wright, i read it to fast.

your wright, i read it to fast.

I hate wen I weed wong! But that wouldn't be a steel if it was the price. IMO, I'd be hard pressed to pay for that heep and sink in many grand worth of parts and panels even before I get to the drive train.

for everyone saying you would drop the money (as would i btw) he said the guy WOULDN'Tsell for that

for everyone saying you would drop the money (as would i btw) he said the guy WOULDN'Tsell for that

YEA! I noticed that, WTF?!?!?! I hate guys like this, but, whatcha gonna do? His price for selling is probably 20 large G's!

Is that sitting in Dooly Co.? If so, I have seen it and left my name and number at the house - without a call back.
A shame...
C

Hey, it's HIS car......he can do what he wants, while we all lust for it.

And as for the midnight tach removal, I can just see the thread of
somebody who's parts got swiped off their car. :thebirdm:

let it go.

-
Back