1971 duster 340 4spd rotting in ga

-
Maybe you need to take a different approach tell him you want to buy it for scrap metal then once you buy it restore it hehehe

Cool car.....too bad he let it get like that. Why was it parked = blown engine?
One of those guys that likes having something that everyone else wants.
Keep checking with him, never know might hit it on the right day.

this happens all to often, i imagine this guy has a personal attachment to this car, and history to go with it,

i remember when i was youg, probably 15yrs ago, my dads buddy had a field full of RARE mopars, including a factory 68 hemi dart, super stock, the engine was missing and the floors were toast, but still....he would not part wih the car, h said hed sell the paper work only for $10,000 and 15 yrs ago, that would be like $25k today

i also ran into another guy that has 150 or the rarest cars, 389 tri goats, and hemi roadrunners...suprisingly hes selling everything CHEAP, my buddy picked up a NM 70 383 4spd superbee....yellow ext, black int, all original, with the original pint for $10,000

and i just bought a rebuilt 70 340 with x heads compklete for $2500 carb to pan

I agree with Show&goresto, the guy hangs on to it because he knows people want it & it gets him attention. he has no intentions of ever fixing or restoring it. It makes him feel wealthy or important in some way. too bad it's getting more un-restorable every day.

-
Back