1971 Duster where does interior color start on door

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
Just a quick question about painting. Where would the exterior color end and the interior color start on a door for example. If I want a blue exterior and a black interior, where do the two colors meet at in regards to the door?I'm sure the jams would be the body color. Planning for the upcoming body and paint on this Duster and curious.

Thanks, Dale

Or are the door shells all body color and the trim panel is black...

I always thought factory painted interior and exterior same color. I thought when it had a different color interior it was just the bolt on stuff like seats,dash,moldings,and panels.

I would offer that when you close the door, you do not want to see body color, so the paint usually is only on the flat of the door and does not extend onto the jamb!

On the two cars we have the 72 has the black metal door sills and black vinyl door panels with a yellow exterior color.
On the 73 it has black plastic door sills with black panels and a red exterior.

They both came this way, so I would think the entire inside of the door would be interior color.
OR some might have had black metal sills with another color on the panels and interior.

Not sure about that one.

I'm thinking of the door shell in B5 blue with the interior black deluxe panel... but the ones I've seen online seem to be black painted metal above and below the door trim panel. Here's one of a 71 that's sassy green exterior...

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 150
Thanks I wasn't sure where the dividing mark was. Great looking Demon!

Thanks a lot, im pretty sure thats where its ends, seems as good a spot to end it as any. The door rubber does a good job of hiding the paint line, not sure if other models do it differently i just thought that the demon may be the same

-
Back