1971 Duster Wire ID..

-

Skezix

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Eyes are crossed from looking at my diagrams and either they are hiding from me or not there.. Dark blue comes directly out of the fuse panel, appears it heats up something on the back of the rally dash?? It was disassembled to long ago I cannot remember. It is also factory tied to a gray/bk stripe that passes through the firewall right above the MC.. Could someone identify these for me. Thanks

20231222_140459.jpg

thumbnail_20231222_140218.jpg

If you are looking at the Chassis Manual Rally Instrument diagram, you are correct that fuse's connection is not shown.
1703286948102.png

We can be sure its fuse 'A' by checking the next fuse circuit, and it is in fact Black with tracer.
But we have some clues.
It's on the Accessory Feed coming from the key switch. So its for some option that required the key be in run or accessory.

The next page has some options. Scanning for a blue that connects to the accessory fuse.
Here's one, and it matches the connectors you show.
1703287286008.png

Looks like that may answer both questions.

Ahh I missed that this did not come with fac tac so I was not even looking there, the wire being there caught me off guard.. today they wire for every acc and only use some.. Not use to seeing that in the past. Thanks so much everyone.

Tach runs off it's own fuse. Only cars with AC or tach had a full fuse block. Most cars had one fuse missing.

-
Back