1971 duster

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
here is my plymouth duster ill tell you story and then pics

i was out on a road call with my dad and i spotted tail of a duster. i said hey theres a duster behind house.. long story short i won the argument and went back and sure enough sat a duster 340. old for sale sign with 3500 on it and rusty quaters

no one home, we left. we didnt need another car at the time (mom was gonna kill the both of us if another car was home we had 8 cars in the garage done at the time) so i told my dads friend howard about it. we took a ride that night and bought it for a 1000 bucks from a black/colored man(no im not racist). he was original owner and asked for a ride in it when done

car got quaters put on at our shop, headers, straight pipe dual exhaust... found a set of 14x6 14x8 sbp cragars in new condition. the holes in the wheels were never drilled big enough for any type of lug nut to fit. factory mess up. i re did the holes and been good ever since....

howard was hard up for money so i gave him a 1000 and said he could buy it back whenever. I kept working on it and get it painted. I had it done in the summer of 2006 right after i graduated highschool. i was planning on just giving it back to him for his birthday in the fall, figured id tease him with it for a bit..lol well in september he passed away from getting stung by bees.

since then i added nice exhaust tips, dual hood scoop, re done brake and gas system. this weekend i took the auto out and put a 4 speed in it. motor has never been out of the car.

soon to happen,
have a 340 wedge sticker for the hood, go wing, 8 3/4 (someone swapped in a crap small rear end cause owner said was geared wrong for highway and payed a shop to make it better). power brakes and replace the original top. that should all happen by end of this summer.

heres pics
duster1.jpg

duster2.jpg

duster3.jpg

duster4.jpg

duster5.jpg

duster5.jpg

duster8.jpg

duster9.jpg

duster7.jpg

dusterandbike003.jpg

7.jpg

D-D-Duster.jpg

i need to get some engine shots and interior. the interior is original still in nice shape/black

you have a very nice car there. im sorry to hear about your friend Howard. and please say you are going to give that man a ride in the duster.....

yea i went back to the owners and the guys wife was like man that looks the duster we had, she didnt even think it was same car. guy was happy to see it redone... hes like headers... wheww sounds good, nice color......

yea howard is missed, he was my dads best friend from school, as long as i can remember he was always hanging in the garage, car shows, bbqs. he also had a buick wildcat. got a call in the morning he got stung and was going to hospital.. then found out stung 14 times in throat and had passed.... it was rough on me and my dad.

its nice to have a duster, was a good start but then went down hill on how i got it... i rather been able to throw the keys to him on his birthday and say youll never touch the buick again. like he was the type of guy that would of left it at our shop so it was away from his step sons. i would of had access anytime to drive it anyways. best thing i remember is saving a snowball in the freezer saved from winter, come mid summer i would hit howard with it. r i p

car is a beauty, and sorry for the loss. great work on the ride. i'll go for a ride in it ant day of the week.lol

thanks guys, i like to come on here and share stuff, around me i have so many people around town telling me how im 21 and have no idea about cars, to young, cant handle power and 4 speed. im gonna go out and be stupid and smash it. first off its a car it gets driven alot, night rain dont matter to me. if you grow up around cars you know how to drive them. my friends are use to new cars with steering and brakes. day after i got my license my everyday car was a 71 big block roadrunner or a vega with a stroked small block chevy in it.

also these cars werent given to me. when you work ur a$$ off and pour your heart into these with getting stuff to fit and clean them and show them off you take pride in them.

most of the cars i do have my dad bought back in late 70s for next to nothing and kept them clean until present day, the 2 ebody cudas, roadrunner, black amx come from him

my barracuda i built, duster i build, i build my white amx, i build my vega. when everyone was worried about partying in high school i spent late nights in the garage with a few good close friends buildin them.

over weekend iput new wheel cylineders and every brake line in the car along with hoses.
also got the 340 sticker on the hood

002.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

-
Back