-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_The_Man

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a 71' Plymouth Duster all original. 225/6 3spd Manual. 40k something miles. Driving/Running project. Interior looks really good with nothing missing and the only blemish on the interior is a rip in the drivers seat.

Just replaced the brakes all around, battery, starter, rebuilt carb., plus a few other things. The floor pans are solid and the only rust it has is from where the weather strips are starting to wear mainly in the trunk. It has some dings but nothing too major.

Let me know what you guys think is a reasonable price to be trying to get out of it.

Thanks and here's a few pictures. If anyone has any requests let me know and I'll take it.

A few updates not for sure if it's important but the orig. radio still works as well as the fan and defroster, didn't bother trying out the heat on it.

Dunno, where's the asking price?

I wasn't actually intending on selling it here unless someone was really interested. More or less wanted to know the value of it so I could sell it elsewhere.

So I'm gonna shoot from the hip and say 4500. Oh and this is in Arizona.

I wasn't actually intending on selling it here unless someone was really interested. More or less wanted to know the value of it so I could sell it elsewhere.

So I'm gonna shoot from the hip and say 4500. Oh and this is in Arizona.

I'd say the high value on it is 3000.

I'd say the high value on it is 3000.

I could part it out and get close to 3 from it. Surely this beauty has more value to a collector wanting an orig.

Would be interested in trades as well.

I'd love too see more interior,trunk and engine pics for restoration references

Ask and you shall receive.

The only real rust area is the trunk in the place where the tire rests. The weather strips are starting to wear and leaks in the trunk. The floor is torn from me trying to pull it up to see if rust had gotten to it, but they're solid. Majority of the original floor liner is still in the car. The roof interior is solid as well. The tear in the drivers seat is the only blemish with the seats.

Currently working on that AC unit to get it running properly again which is why it's down.

If you have any other comments/questions/requests let me know.

I could part it out and get close to 3 from it. Surely this beauty has more value to a collector wanting an orig.

It is my suggestion, that you take the input that you get, and make your decision from there. If you have a figure that is different then the advise you are getting here, file that away, and be open to people's input. The above sounds like you are offended at his input, regardless of how right or wrong it may be. Bearing in mind, internet communication leaves much to interpretation, (and I may be mis-interpreting your response), but it seems you are defensive against his input?

Now, on to the car.
I bought a 76 Dart Lite, 225/3 speed manual car a few years ago, for 1,900 bucks plus some extra for 4 speed OD trans and A body 8.75 housing. It has 100K+ miles, and some rust in the quarters and spare tire well, but overall very solid. Your car is much lower miles, more desireable year, and A/C, all of which should add value to your car.

His answer of 3K isn't bad, but I do believe you can obtain the number you listed. I personally believe that the car needs to be fully running, including A/C and the car needs to be thoroughly detailed, especially in the original paint. If that car was buffed and polished to the hilt, hub caps shining, and great pictures taken on a sunny day, it would make a great selling feature.

In my opinion, the A/C could be the deciding factor. To someone who wants to drive it as is, or as a fun daily driver, the A/C could be huge. To someone who might want to make a hot rod / drag car / etc out of it, the A/C might be one more thing that needs to be removed, and may not be an influence to them.

I like the car. I am poor like most everyone, or I would pick it up for a killer fun summer driver.

Is this a column shift car?
Yes it is,if you look at the pic with the s.wheel,you can see the shifter.Nice car by the way,wish I had the dough for another.We just don,t see cars in this original shape here in Ontario,Canada unless from B.C(no salt)or brought up from the states.Good luck with the sale.

P.S I think $4500 could be attained with some more elbow grease,as mentioned.:cheers:

See the dilemma for me is thus; I'm not in need of money or anything but if I keep it I don't want to restore to it's original state. I'm gonna end up modifying it.

The reason for getting rid of it would be solely for that purpose I'd hate to put holes in her and take out her interior etc. etc. would prefer to see her restored and just purchase one that I can mod.

If all else fails though she'll be looking sharp with scoops, go-wing, 2-tone paint, and custom interior :snakeman:

Its only a /6 duster, not many people out looking for them really unless they are like you and plan on modifying I'd say. I think it looks like a great 340 clone. :D Your idead doesnt sound to bad however, as long as it doesnt get turned into a dragcar.

See the dilemma for me is thus; I'm not in need of money or anything but if I keep it I don't want to restore to it's original state. I'm gonna end up modifying it.

The reason for getting rid of it would be solely for that purpose I'd hate to put holes in her and take out her interior etc. etc. would prefer to see her restored and just purchase one that I can mod.

If all else fails though she'll be looking sharp with scoops, go-wing, 2-tone paint, and custom interior :snakeman:

To each their own, but adding hood scoops, a rear wing and 2 tone paint does nothing to enhance the performance. Making a car that has a boy-racer, 'hey look at me' image - is not a good idea, IMHO.

The clean, sleeper look would do a lot more for resale, and enhance the Mopar statement of being understated, like many of the low option or stripped Mopars were back in the '60s and 1970 (see 1968 base RR and 1970 base Duster 340 - for good examples of cars without all the tacked on pieces).

A base that has the hi - po drivetrain, brakes and suspension, with steel wheels, dog dishes, and the understated plain body, will draw more attention in the Mopar community than a car that is more show than go.

We just don,t see cars in this original shape here in Ontario,Canada unless from B.C(no salt)or brought up from the states.:cheers:

Too Funny my friend...

I guess it is a matter of perspective..

My original, rot free, Duster car came from Ottawa :) and it was a daily driver but not in the winter....here is a pick of where it was sold from..I do believe that this company is still open..

In the land of the tin worm.....We just don't see cars in this original shape here in Atlantic Canada unless from the west (Manitoba to B.C. ..my Vauxhall was from Alberta and was stored for 40 years..), brought up from the states, or has been stored in a barn..

950549085_GAAnq-X2.jpg

To part it for more than 3K, you'll have 80+ hours taking it apart the RIGHT way. I don't see 3K in parts and I do this a lot. You'll have parts for years trying to get the money out of it, plus the time in packaging, shipping stuff, it's not a free lunch.

Unfortunately the car is on the wrong coast. PA or eastern Canada is a totally different market and pricing for good clean cars, Out here, not so hard to find. The "math is hard" crew won't pay top dollar for a car then transport it, heck, they won't even pay half that and transport it, BTDT got the shirt.

Ask your price and see what happens. Lack of interest, then the price is too high, get bombarded, too low. Good luck with the sale whatever happens

I could part it out and get close to 3 from it.

Now theres an original idea.....!!!!!!!!!! :wack:
Haha, thanks for all the comments. I would keep her before I parted her out don't worry :happy10:.

PM Sent about the Dodge. I don't mind restoring her but it's just not motivating for me to see her in original state. I'd rather see the car I imagine myself driving. That's why I think she needs a better home.

My plan would be big block/ 4 speed and non-tubbed with cal tracs, monoleaf, and 10.5 x 28 tires. I have a mint set of Super Tricks that have been waiting for an A-body. Probably keep it blue/blue as I really like how it looks.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. And I don't want you to think I'm bashing your car. For one it would be a shame to part out a nice and complete car out of greed to try and get more money. There are people out there like me who love the slant's and would spruce that car up and make it a nice 20+mpg driver. Then there is the other crowd who would use it as a nice base to build a v8 car.

The other problem with parting this car is the fact that most of the mechanical parts are all close to worthless. Slants are worth next to nothing, their tranny's even less. People aren't out looking for small drum brakes, weak suspensions and 7 1/4 rear ends with 2.76 gears.

I bought my car in the early 2000's for $1000 and it was in better shape than yours but it had 70k and an automatic. I've fixed up damn near everything. The paint is 9/10, the interior is 8.5/10 and the engine is rebuilt with a super six. Zero rust as well. I'd be surprised if I could get $5k out of mine. Reason being is that most guys aren't looking for slant drivers and when they are, they are looking in the $1000-2000 range.

Like I said man, not bashing, just saying that $4500 Dusters are usually okay looking 318 or 360 cars or ran down 340's. Then again if you are patient enough and find the right buyer, you might be able to pull it off. I just saw a couple of 340 challenger emblems go for $1500 and a pair of Coronet grill surrounds go for $3000 on ebay, so you never know :-D

Still open to trades or offers. If you're in the area you're welcome to stop by and check her out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back