Status
Not open for further replies.

superdve

Dave Buckshaw
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The SADDEST car decision of my life is here. I cannot tell you what a tragedy it is to have to sell this car. This has been a huge investment of time, money and energy and there is plenty of room to make this car beyond its exceptional self as it is. I'm asking $29,500 but I am open to fair offers. Here are a few links. If you want to discuss the car I will tell you the heartbreaking story that forces the sale in person.

Car is in Detroit.

The car will be featured in a national magazine in a few months so please take a look.

More Pictures:

http://automotivetraveler.fotki.com/...lymouth-scamp/

Ebay Listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...orcev4exp=true

scamp%20%28Small%29.jpg

interior%20%28Small%29.jpg

very cool car. good luck with your sale. very interested in hearing how that car sounds.

What is done to the engine????

Sort of a loaded question. ;) It's a 2JZGTE. Right now it's in stock form, meaning the shortblock is good for sick amounts of power with the right turbocharger and ECU mods. With 10secDSM as a screen name I'll assume you realize the Toyota's factory forged internals, piston squirters, 7 main bearings, etc. that allow the 2JZ's to produce beyond impressive power. The engine is a low mileage take out from Japan and if the selling price is right the car comes with a spare complete engine and transmission.

What does it run 1/4 or 1/8th mile? time wise....

Not allowed to run it per Fram. It's an easy 13 second car at 11 psi. Swap to a single and ECU mods and it's an 11 second, SILENT, 27 mpg car! The whole car is amazing to drive.

not really.

Really.>>

You do not do anything to these engines for up to 500hp except raise the boost pressure and remove the fuel cut in the ECU. For 600-700hp you are looking at turbocharger. injector and ecu swaps but you are still running stock internals without a cam change or cylinder head mods. Shortblocks can take over 1,000 stock reliably. in the 800hp range you will probably swap the cams and port the head. Engine never leaves the car for that.

The 2JZGTE Toyota Engine:

The engine is a 2JZGTE VVTi engine and was designed clean sheet as a racing engine homologated for road use. The engine was designed to compete directly with Nissan's RB26 race straight 6 for use in FIA Group A and Group N touring car championships.

The 2JZGTE, is regarded as Toyota's most famous engine.Development of the 2JZ-GTE was outsourced to German engineering firm, Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH, for refinement to meet production car homogolation requirements set forth by the former All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship.

Block and head was produced by Yamaha.

if you need more ideas go here: http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_1010_5_greatest_toyota_supras/viewall.html

:thumblef: Amazing built especially on the Scamp model of all other models. Also very amazed about the engine you chosed, toyota. I like it personally and Im happy that you showed some pictures and you showed that it can be done. I was looking for info on a supra 5 speed transmission swap for a slant six (heard,read and seen a kit for sale on The pentastar website but never seen pictures or procedure) and I happen to stumble on your thread.

Very sad that you have to sell her after all that investment, custom fabrication and headbanging :banghead: problems that arose doing an engine swap like this. Still thinking what happen but it must have been something serious from bill's quote and its got me thinking now.:sad7:

again good luck with the sale - hope it reaches close to the amount, shes a one of a kind car.

:thumblef: Amazing built especially on the Scamp model of all other models. Also very amazed about the engine you chosed, toyota. I like it personally and Im happy that you showed some pictures and you showed that it can be done. I was looking for info on a supra 5 speed transmission swap for a slant six (heard,read and seen a kit for sale on The pentastar website but never seen pictures or procedure) and I happen to stumble on your thread.

Very sad that you have to sell her after all that investment, custom fabrication and headbanging :banghead: problems that arose doing an engine swap like this. Still thinking what happen but it must have been something serious from bill's quote and its got me thinking now.:sad7:

again good luck with the sale - hope it reaches close to the amount, shes a one of a kind car.

I'm leaving the sale to fate and a higher authority. I really don't want to sell it but given the circumstances it's hard to keep the car. I drive the car everyday unless it's flat out pouring rain and when people ask how the car is to drive I will usually say it feels a lot like my BMW 330i did on the freeway. The all around performance of the car as a car is beyond impressive, all thanks to Tim Skardoutous, (forced340), and Peter Bergman of Bergman Auto Craft. My buddy Clark who has a really serious Grand National V6 swapped into his 85' Monte Carlo SS remarked that his car is nowhere near as solid.

If I can't get a fair price I will probably mothball it and come back to it when I'm ready to mod the crap out of the engine.

You would have better luck putting it on a tuner site.

True. I have it all over every forum. I just got back from Frank @ Cuzie's to get a quote to remove the Fram logos as required. I wish you guys could have felt the love on the freeway at modern car speeds. I had 2 Ford Engineers in "M" plates going haywire trying to take pictures of the car. Must of been that 25 mph cloverleaf at above average speeds.

Wow! Awesome Scamp! I don't know whether to wish you luck with the sale or wish that you "mothball" it as you said and keep it for a later date. Either way, I hope you're happy with whatever happens

Wow! Awesome Scamp! I don't know whether to wish you luck with the sale or wish that you "mothball" it as you said and keep it for a later date. Either way, I hope you're happy with whatever happens

I built it never planning on selling it, TX. Unexpected job change and me keeping the car would be irresponsible. I'm not sure what's more heartbreaking selling the car or how the deal went down. In any event I appreciate your kind words and let's see what happens.

this is a really nice and well built car, i've seen it and rode in it. i was very impressed. sorry you have to sell it Dave, i know how much energy you guys put into this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back