[FOR SALE] 1971 Swinger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand after everything is sold off it will be sold as a builder? Is the frame and torsion bar area solid?

I don't understand after everything is sold off it will be sold as a builder? Is the frame and torsion bar area solid?

Yes, the car has excellent bones, so someone looking to build a Drag car, resto mod, or anything along those lines has a good starting point.
I get at least a half dozen guys every year looking for exactly that. The stuff I'm selling off this car would only end up in their dumpsters.
The ironic thing is that those guys will pay more for a stripped shell than most would pay for a running, driving car Slant car.
Crazy world, but I gotta go with the flow
Not to write a book here, but just to pass along the value of the unibody itself. These are the going rates.
Frame rails $175 each, X 4 equals $700
Rockers $150 each $300
Core Support $100
Torsion Bar X Member $100
Hinge Pillars $100 each $200
Cowl $100
Rear shock X Member $100
Bumper x Member $100
Inner wheel houses $75 each, $150
Trans Tunnel $75
B Pillar patches $75 each $150
Front inners $75 each $150
Roof $200
That's like $2500 for a totally stripped, bare unibody and I'm leaving at least a grands worth of misc. Cuts and patches out.
Add up the total parts value of this car taking into account every nut and bolt, and it comes to better than ten grand.
So, how much are you willing to give me, as it sits?

So you are saying you love money more than saving a Mopar? The one I am parting out is a none fixable rust bucket, I would have loved to have your car and put my perfect interior in it and have a nice car for a good price. I can't afford to buy a 340 Swinger, but I can build a hell of a clone out of a solid body. When they're gone, they're gone.

Nobody is responsible for saving more Mopars than I have.
The structural parts from a single car contribute to the resurrection of many rust buckets and crash victims.
When I do decide to cut one of these things, nothing..zero goes to waste..and that actually costs me money, not to mention clutter.
When I'm done with these things, all that's left you can sweep into a dustpan.

BTW, for those who doubt my intentions, love for Mopars or desire to save as many as possible, here is a pic of my Swinger.
Started as a bare, stripped unibody that had rust issues everywhere.
Over the space of two years, I built it from the ground up using nothing but parts that were not saleable for one reason or another.
Entire thing was done in my backyard next to my shed.
Total investment, including paint is right about $1500. I drive it everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back