1972 340 duster

-
Way ahead of you 66, I've already got a line on 4 excellent 14 x 5.5 with trim rings & centers. The goodyear polyglas tires (E-70 14)are gonna run me about 150.00 a piece, damn! Unless someone here has 4 just sittin around....yeah right! D

Dang I can't see the pictures...when they load...it only loads the top inch...darn computers....

Ok, this car was originally purchased in 72 from a Minnesota dealer(whose decal is still on the left side trunk lid). The car was used very sparingly(of coarse)and in 1999 the second owner purchased it with 33,000. This owner,of whom I purchased from, is from Rockford Ill. He managed to put approx 12,000 on the Duster. The original owner installed the E.T. Mags sometime in the late 70's. Hard to believe due to the pristine condition. He also installed a set of Hooker headers, which were replaced with TTI'S complete exhaust system,stepped nickle coated headers complete system all the way back as seen in my Gallery. This was done by the 2nd owner. The 2nd owner also had the original Kelsey Hayes four piston calipers professionally rebuilt & the original rotors machined true. That's about all he has done to the car while he owned it. 2nd owner purchased the car Oct 99. He also has a low mileage 70 GTX, also in Lemon Twist(FY1). The car still retains the orignal hoses,plugs,wires,electronic ignition(first for 72). He then placed the car in Hemmings,Sept issue for 24,900. I saw the ad then but thought it was probably sold before i even got the issue in the mail. Oct issue came out and low and behold it was still there! This time I had to call...We struck a deal to the tune of $19,000 and now its on its way to Virginia.......D

Man, what a FIND!!!

You dun gud!

That thing is gorgeous... You're a lucky (and, smart) man!!!

It's gonna look even better with those Rallye's on it... Can't wait for those pictures.

Thanks for posting this; made my day!!!

Bill
PS I have your car's ugly sister... '72 Valiant 4-dr...:glasses9:

100_3119-1.jpg

Man r u kidding? Its been over 12 years now that I sold a pristine 70 roadrunner, vitamin c(ek2)burnt orange(fk5)interior, air grabber, auto, for $10,000!!! My first mopar was a 72 340 auto,391. Cant wait to feel how a four speed feels with the 391 s/g! D

I think you got a great deal...shipping and all...you might cry when you see it...wow a surf-vivor!

Aloha!

Ok, this car was originally purchased in 72 from a Minnesota dealer(whose decal is still on the left side trunk lid). The car was used very sparingly(of coarse)and in 1999 the second owner purchased it with 33,000. This owner,of whom I purchased from, is from Rockford Ill. He managed to put approx 12,000 on the Duster. The original owner installed the E.T. Mags sometime in the late 70's. Hard to believe due to the pristine condition. He also installed a set of Hooker headers, which were replaced with TTI'S complete exhaust system,stepped nickle coated headers complete system all the way back as seen in my Gallery. This was done by the 2nd owner. The 2nd owner also had the original Kelsey Hayes four piston calipers professionally rebuilt & the original rotors machined true. That's about all he has done to the car while he owned it. 2nd owner purchased the car Oct 99. He also has a low mileage 70 GTX, also in Lemon Twist(FY1). The car still retains the orignal hoses,plugs,wires,electronic ignition(first for 72). He then placed the car in Hemmings,Sept issue for 24,900. I saw the ad then but thought it was probably sold before i even got the issue in the mail. Oct issue came out and low and behold it was still there! This time I had to call...We struck a deal to the tune of $19,000 and now its on its way to Virginia.......D

Cool. That's Great. Enjoy it!

Dmoore said:

>>>>"I have seen ugly and that ain't it!" >>>>

Thanks for the kind words... she doesn't get many compliments on her appearance... lol!

I will know hopefully Monday evening...it should be legible on the dealership sticker affixed to the left side deck lid. If not, I will ask the original owner....damn I love saying that:) D

Oh, after our deal was stuck I phoned the original owner who asked me what I paid for it...I told him and he said he sold it to the guy in 99 for $10,000. I was 9 years too late:( Oh well,coulda,shoulda,wouda....I've been lookin for a l o n g time and good things do come to those who wait :)

Oh, after our deal was stuck I phoned the original owner who asked me what I paid for it...I told him and he said he sold it to the guy in 99 for $10,000. I was 9 years too late:( Oh well,coulda,shoulda,wouda....I've been lookin for a l o n g time and good things do come to those who wait :)
Don't feel bad dude. I paid $8500 for my car in '99 from a used car lot the way you see it in the pic.

John

scan0007.jpg

-
Back