1972 Dart Headliner board install.

-
Okay, well I'm getting prepared for the fabric install tomorrow (mentally and physically) and I had something pop in my head. If I go to install the headliner,, I haven't a clue what the seat belt holder clips hook to. Do they install after the headliner? Thank you!!!

Okay, so I went to install the headliner board for a test fit before I covered it, and I got one shoulder belt bolt in and I was about 3" too narrow to get to the other bolt. So I thought the holes were wrong, so I lined up the visor holes and looked at it and it looks like its narrower and shorter,,,, did I get sent a dart sport headliner?!? I bought this thing 2 years ago...... crap!! Any thoughts?

Dang. I can’t be of much help with the belts. I covered all those holes on mine.

46B5D48E-5348-4087-8100-8061087538F9.jpeg

Ah. Well I'm leaning towards it being the wrong headliner. Guess I'll sell this board to someone with a duster/demon/dart sport. And order a new one! No wonder Emmy dart sail panels didn't look like the fit the headliner well! Lol. Well thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it everyone!

Well, I ordered a new already covered board from CL. Nice 6-8 week lead time, so that's nice. :)
But I have one last question, do I need those really small metal clips to install the board type headliner? the little metal ones like these:
Capture.PNG

I would just like to know so I can order them and not be in limbo again after I already have waited the 6-8 weeks! :) thanks everyone!

Ah. Well I'm leaning towards it being the wrong headliner. Guess I'll sell this board to someone with a duster/demon/dart sport. And order a new one! No wonder Emmy dart sail panels didn't look like the fit the headliner well! Lol. Well thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it everyone!
Pm me about your headliner board

-
Back