1972 Dart Sport?

-

Craig NY

Reaction score
Well i have seen a car that i might be interested in. A nice clean A body, its listed as a 72 Dart sports. I thought they were Demons till 1973? Is this just a case of the person listing the car wrong, or is their such a thing as a 1972 Dart sport? Just wondering, i havent contacted them yet, ill probably do it tomorrow, but id figured id ask here first to see what yall think!

No Dart Sports until the 1973 model year. This will be a Demon unless the guy is selling a Swinger body and calling it a Dart Sport.

111544_120828428_Original.jpg
here is a pic

111544_120828428_Original.jpg

have you got a vin number yet you could then use this sites vin decoder/ Btw what does the car have in it?

No vin yet, im gonna contact them tomorrow. It says built 340, edel aluminum heads, offenhauser intake, Holley street avenger,MSD,727, rev manual, 8 3/4 rear...etc

has 72 reflectors it appears i cant tell from pic but if they are not sunk into body and sit on top its 72. Just appears they took the stops off the front bumper made it look like a 71 bumper

Nice looking car. Its a 71 Demon, unless they changed the nose.

I still think its a 72 demon or dart with modified front end the grille looks wierd there is a bunch of different colored paints, my 71 is all silver no black parts at all. and i have seen 72 demons with all black grilles. side reflectors are wrong and i swear 72 has one more line in rear quarter than 71 at least when i parked next to a 72 at the car show its quarter panels looked different

looks sweet..how much man..jump on it ..with a 340,727,and 8 3/4....you're power needs can be fulfilled with no changes to the drivetrain..fantabulous..i had to change it all...

71 sitting next to 72 the original owner of the 72 mine is the really bright yellow one

000_0342.jpg

000_0343.jpg

000_0344.jpg

000_0345.jpg

000_0347.jpg

000_0342.jpg

000_0343.jpg

000_0344.jpg

000_0345.jpg

000_0347.jpg

oh wait nvm adamr didnt see that pic when i was attaching these photos i didnt know from 71 dogde demons grille changed in 72

Based on that picture, the car looks like it's in rough shape.... the (wavey) reflection off the driver side fender looks like it's covered in bondo.

I'd buy it too. So what's the price? Looks like a great car to start with. Can't beat a 340 in a A-body! Great driveline. Looks like a keeper! One thing, take lot's of pictures as you modify it. You love it later and appreciate the time you took to snap a few every so often! :thumbup:

Could be a 73' up Dart Sport body with a pre-73 Dart nose. Other than the taillights all a Demon/Dart Sport is, is a Duster with a Dart nose. Definately not a '71 look at the marker lights, it is at least a '72 body section, maybe a Duster with a Dart nose. If we had a shot of the taillights we would know then.

Chuck

If that's the same car I'm thinking it is and you're really interested PM me and I could check it out for you.

Looks like a 72+ car with a 71 grille in it. Rear markers look like the bicycle reflector style just like the fron fenders.

Tailights would tell you whether it's a 72 or 73+.

Well i spoke to the guy today, and it is a Demon, originally a slant 6 car. I havent got the vin yet, but he did send me more pics. I asked about the body and any rust issues, he said that there is a little mud on the left rear quarter above the wheel and thats it, the rest of the body is straight. He told me that the posi isnt working, and that the seats are out of a Camaro or something. Other than that i asked him about the motor and tranny, and he said as far as he knows that the car runs well(I know not very assuring) He suggested i hire a third party appraiser to come to look at the car(any one have any experience with that?)I do like this car, hes asking 8k and i figure id try to talk him down and offer like 7. Whatdaya think? If id could talk him down i got a quote to ship for like 650, i could have the car here for around 8k for the whole shbang. Given the list of stuff on the car i stated at the begining of the thread do ya all think its a good deal? Well here are the pics
72_dart_back.jpg

72_dart_front.jpg

72_dart_eng.jpg

72_dart_dash.jpg

72_dart_uc2.jpg

72_dart_uc.jpg

72_dart_trunk.jpg

72_dart_lower_engine.jpg

72_dart_back.jpg

72_dart_front.jpg

72_dart_eng.jpg

72_dart_dash.jpg

72_dart_uc2.jpg

72_dart_uc.jpg

72_dart_trunk.jpg

72_dart_lower_engine.jpg

The pictures look pretty good. I like the fact that he is suggesting you have a 3rd party look at the car. Were is it located ? Maybe another member can check it out.

The fender tag is missing which kinds sucks but it is a slant 6 car so that not a huge deal I guess. The trunk looks solid but the way the gas tank straps attach to the trunk floor is strange. I never saw them like that. Also the wood trim is missing from the dash.

AdamR said:
The pictures look pretty good. I like the fact that he is suggesting you have a 3rd party look at the car. Were is it located ? Maybe another member can check it out.

The fender tag is missing which kinds sucks but it is a slant 6 car so that not a huge deal I guess. The trunk looks solid but the way the gas tank straps attach to the trunk floor is strange. I never saw them like that. Also the wood trim is missing from the dash.
Where on the dash is the trim missing? 68-340-s (Adam) said he might be able to check it out for me. Well see, im still looking local and elswhere

It should cover the entire dash from the gauge cluster to the glove box. Not all cars had it but t looks like there are screws on the dash for it.

-
Back