1972 Demon Seat Belt Configuration Bench Seat

-

dust44d

What's An A Body ??
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the correct seat belts and location in my 1972 Demon.Thanks to a an overpaid "restorer" who stole my original belts,all I have are a few notes and numbers.Here's what I know.I should have 2 front seat belt retractors,tag #3695634-5,2 rear retractors,tag #3695982,2 shoulder belts.tag #3670160.What I am trying to figure out is what other belts I need.There should be at least 2 female buckles for the front and rear retractors,but I also have notes showing there was/should be a set of belts,male and female ends,for the center of the seat,both front and back.So should I have a total of 14 belts? 6 front,6 rear and 2 shoulder? Thanks for any help.

I can’t confirm mine is original but I have 2 stationary female belts,1 adjustable female, 1 stationary male, 2 retractable males, and 2 shoulder belts in the front seat.my rears just contain 2 stationary females and 2 retractable males in the rear. I hope this helps

racerx-Thanks for the info.Just to confirm,the rear seat would be equipped for 2 passengers and the front for 3 correct.Do your belts still have the tags on them? I would like to know the 2 inner rear belt numbers,I assume will be the same.And then the 2 number for the middle passenger belts.Thanks again for the help.

Correct, I will look and see if the part numbers are still there

Front adjustable female 9918-3670789-2072
Front male 9917-3670178-2072
Rr female 9921-3670648-1872
Lr female 9921-3670648-2072

That is exactly what I needed.Thanks for taking the time and the help. Jim

Bob/Racerx23-One more question.On the front middle seat belts,do those belts come out of the same plastic sleeve that the female end for the side retractors do ? Thanks again

I’m pretty sure, unfortunately I’m out of town but I can double check when I get home.

Dust44d, sorry for the delay but yes there are 2 slots in the front seat and 2 belts go through each slots

Thanks Bob.One last question.Do both belts go thru the plastic sleeve (2 thru each sleeve) ? Jim

OK,I lied.I do have one more question.Are all the buckles (with the plastic covers) the same size or are the middle ones on the front bench seat smaller? (the ones that go thru the plastic sleeve)

Hey Jim I just got back from the shop and the middle belt is actually a little larger than the outside ones. The middle belt also has the adjustment on the latch side and the buckle side is non adjustable. Hope this helps.
Bob

Also I believe the middle belt measures 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 where the outside belts are 2 1/2 x 2. If you need me to confirm it let me know

Hey Bob-Thanks again for the great info.If possible,could you clear out your in box so I can send you my email address and maybe send me some pictures when you get a chance? Thanks again !!

-
Back