1972 Demon trunk emblem (need help from the Demon experts)

-

72_671_Demon

Reaction score
Hello,
Looking for some help from the Demon experts on the site. I have a 1972 Demon and when I purchased it, it was missing an emblem on the right corner of the deck lid. I have seen different emblems on different Demons.

Here is a picture of the missing emblem. The holes are 3 3/4" center to center
IMG_0246.JPG

Here are the other I have found images of.

Demon back stripe and dodge badge (2).jpg

Demon back stripe and dodge badge_2 (2).jpg

dodge_dart_330_emblem_1_62.jpg

Please let me know which one should be on the car. If more information is need please let me know.

I think the '72 should have the one that says "Dodge Dart", the last one you posted.

But I could be wrong. I'm putting a duck tail spoiler on my tribute so it won't get a trunk emblem anyway, so I haven't done much research on it.

The bottom image is the correct one, I have 3 72's and all have them have the Dart emblem

I think the '72 should have the one that says "Dodge Dart", the last one you posted.

But I could be wrong. I'm putting a duck tail spoiler on my tribute so it won't get a trunk emblem anyway, so I haven't done much research on it.

The bottom image is the correct one, I have 3 72's and all have them have the Dart emblem

Thanks for the replies! My understanding on the Dodge Dart emblem is that the dart has the two pins and the Dodge is a stick on . . . is that correct?

My 72 Demon is different:

Only- DODGE Emblem, same as on the hood.
But it is a Swiss car, and it has a lot of carryovers from 1971....

My 72 also only has the Dodge on the trunk lid and was a stick on.

Does anyone know where to get the little dodge emblem for a 72?

Bringing an old post back to life here instead of starting a new one for the same issue.

On the back of my old 72' Demon 340 -3 speed car I had in highschool-
This car was gold with the full stripe kit except for the hood stripe. It had the 5/8" x 3" emblem block that had machines out "DODGE" in chrome you see typically on the back of 72" Chargers on the trunk lids. only.
This car also came with Metal "Demon" emblems on the fenders but no "Demon" in the rear of the car. It had original paint and was unmolested until I got it.- It was my Mom's car until I started to drive in 1986.

My new 72 Demon 340 - 4 speed which has been repainted- and horribly before I got it I might add (originally B-3 and now is B-5), has only the "DART" on the rear trunk lid. It had full stripes according to the fender tag with hood and tail striped as well which are long gone.
It has metal emblems "Demon" on the fenders along with the stick on "340" to the side and below the Demon emblems.
Neither 340 car had both that I know of.
Did some cars come with both emblems on the trunk lid or just one dependant on trim level? Was there a cut off date on what got what?
Was the "340" side fenders optional, add on or possibly put there by aliens in an attempt to make Earth cooler? LOL!
Thanks,
Joe

That's how they did in Switzerland in 1972 (this Demon is a survivor):
14712471_1093418997378647_6739013380514028617_o-jpg.1714980625.jpg
ostsee-und-herten-118-jpg.1714956985.jpg

Only DODGE on the trunk, Demon Sticker on the rear, and metal DEMON 340 on the Fenders

But in the brochure it was completely different - but its only a painted picture of a Demon...

img_1511-jpg.1714994899.jpg

That's how they did in Switzerland in 1972 (this Demon is a survivor):
View attachment 1715033831 View attachment 1715033832

Only DODGE on the trunk, Demon Sticker on the rear, and metal DEMON 340 on the Fenders

But in the brochure it was completely different - but its only a painted picture of a Demon...

View attachment 1715033833
-Marvin- That is so cool! I cannot read what is on the trunk lid? I assume you mean that is the "dodge" can I get a close up of that?
How do I find that rear bumper? I would like that on my "states car." I live the set in reflector. Putting that on my 340 car would blow the mind of judges here in the States for sure.

-Marvin- That is so cool! I cannot read what is on the trunk lid? I assume you mean that is the "dodge" can I get a close up of that?
How do I find that rear bumper? I would like that on my "states car." I live the set in reflector. Putting that on my 340 car would blow the mind of judges here in the States for sure.

These Bumpers - also the front bumpers have different bumper guards - were exclusive for Switzerland. But I think only the 'guards' are different and the reflectors were mandatory then in Europe, therefore they were added in Schinznach. The bare sheetmetal of the bumpers should be the same as in the States.

Smartphone 512.jpg

It is the blocky 'DODGE' kind...

My '72 Demon 340 had the same fender emblems as Marvin's car and the same trunk lid emblems as rch 105's car in post #6.
It did NOT have the Demon decal on the tail panel, it was plain with the black out tape stripe only.
The ''Dart'' emblem was pinned on, but the small rectangular ''Dodge'' emblem was stuck on with 2 sided tape.
It had original paint and was built March of '72.
Hope this helps.

I don't know about 71s but 72s had the DODGE emblem on the trunk lid. I don't under stand why they would say DART. On the 72s they were put on with two sided tape.

These Bumpers - also the front bumpers have different bumper guards - were exclusive for Switzerland. But I think only the 'guards' are different and the reflectors were mandatory then in Europe, therefore they were added in Schinznach. The bare sheetmetal of the bumpers should be the same as in the States.

View attachment 1715034636

It is the blocky 'DODGE' kind...
Marvin: THank you for the over head picture. I can see the reflectors were stick on type (or bolt on) I thought the rear bumper actually had a pressed in square and the reflectors were mounted inside the bumper.
Thank you for your information on your Demon 340. That is exactly how my front fenders look. I do not have any decals in the rear but then again my car was repainted once in its life.

My old 1972 Demon only had the metal square block DODGE no holes for "DART" but my new 72' has "Dart" and no Dodge square block. Possibly lost in the repaint. I just bought 3 new ones -N.O.S.
I need a new "Dart" for 1972 trunk lid if somebody had a NOS and wants to trade i am open for it.

Joe

Does anyone have the trunk emblem measurements in the first picture posted?

Here is my original paint 72 Demon 318 car. From my research, the "regular" Demons use the two Dodge and Dart emblems like this. The 340 cars use the stick on DODGE emblem, because they had the stripe with demon 340 right below.

416342215_1084671135989865_4128706362061891213_n.jpeg

Interesting info. If I do indeed need the stick-on Dodge emblem, I will still need some measurements. Or I have a body manual for a 71 Demon with the emblem placement measurements, would this be the same being the emblems are slightly different from 71-72?

Interesting info. If I do indeed need the stick-on Dodge emblem, I will still need some measurements. Or I have a body manual for a 71 Demon with the emblem placement measurements, would this be the same being the emblems are slightly different from 71-72?
I can take some measurements for you

That would be awesome. Do you know if the non-pegged/adhesive emblems are plastic or metal?

-
Back