1972 Dodge Colt

-
Hi Jacko241, Thanks for reading the thread.
We took a trip through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona all of October.
When we returned we both got Covid. We have been down and out all November.
Hers turned into Covid Pneumonia. I just was real sick.
So I have been taking care of her. She is coming back slow.
I will be back on the Colt next year and hope to start the engine soon.
Stay tuned!

Well that was a mess. Thank God my wife and I are ok after what seemed a long, long time. I knew Covid was no joke, but thank God were both healthy before it attacked us. We both think this is our second bout with Covid, the first was early 2020 before it even was news worthy. That time I was worse, and this time she was worse. So now a new year and back to working in the garage.

I took some time and built a workbench. I needed something to store junk and a surface to work on. I am not much of a carpenter, so a simple project took a lot longer than I thought.
Workbench.JPG

Went to Summit and picked up a MSD Coil and bracket. I want to take the Mallory Tach Drive Dist I have and see if I can convert it to a Mopar Electronic unit. Then I can use it to spin my mechanical tach and trigger the MSD. Might be too much effort for the first start. We will see.
MSD Coil Bracket.JPG

I have a facebook friend who sent me a set of Airheart Calipers. I want to see if one of the pistons is better that what I have. Next major mod will front end mod for modern brakes.
Airheart Disk Brakes Tim.JPG

Well that was a mess. Thank God my wife and I are ok after what seemed a long, long time. I knew Covid was no joke, but thank God were both healthy before it attacked us. We both think this is our second bout with Covid, the first was early 2020 before it even was news worthy. That time I was worse, and this time she was worse. So now a new year and back to working in the garage.

Glad you and your wife are better! Happy New Year to you. Here is my update:

I bought the really-nice yellow ‘71 Colt that was on Bring a Trailer two times (look it up).

I have been buying NOS lenses and trim pieces for it, but I don’t think I have it in me to build it into a Hardy-style pro stock replica. My other cars are simply too time and $$$ intensive to do a ground up build right now.

If you know someone who might want it or if someone following this thread would like to buy it and run with it, contact me. I have around $7,500 in it right now and just want my money back. I’m in Los Angeles. Thx!

Last edited:
You might want to remove your email address before the mods delete your post. Email addresses & phone numbers aren't allowed per the rules.

Glad you and your wife are better! Happy New Year to you. Here is my update:

I bought the really-nice yellow ‘71 Colt that was on Bring a Trailer two times (look it up).

Sorry you are going to sell it. Have you thought about just a cool street car?
The V6 Magnum is a good fit as it the SRT-4 engine.
Maybe full race is not what works for you, just a mod to the running gear.
There is a Facebook Colt group, that is where I would start if you want to sell it.
OrangeWheelie.jpg

work bench looks sturdy! and storage area to boot!
last couple work benches I picked up at the curb. 1 metal one that a drawer assembly from another garbage day pick up fits onto and a wooden one from the neighbor down the street. bad news having a pick-up truck for daily driver...never know what is going to jump in the back.

Weber carb details.
Had Woodruff Carb remove the small throttle screws, they did a great job.
I was close to screwing them up.
Today I removed one of the throttle shafts.
There are a lot of small parts, and I have 3 of them to do.
1 down 2 to go.
Then down to get them Vapor Blasted.
Weber Throttle Shaft (6).JPG
Weber Throttle Shaft (7).JPG

I am almost 100% certain Kitty and I had it in December 2019. Sickest we've ever been. I am glad you and the little woman are on the mend.

Hi,
I’m not sure. I have thought about the SRT4 street car direction, too. It would be fun! Haven’t advertised it and it’s not about the money. It’s about not having any time for it. We’ll see what happens. I will keep you updated and always look forward reading to your posts. Glad you’re back!
Tim

One of the last owners and the last guy who raced my Colt told me it was weird walking into his garage and seeing the Colt gone.
Today after I uncovered her and did some cleaning, I understand what he was feeling.
I am lucky to have it in my garage now and really looking forward to getting to the track.

Garage  (2).JPG

How close are you to it's first trip down under your ownership? I want to see it run it's maiden run with the slant it it.

Hey Friend, look for around the end of Feb, maybe March. Ennis or Ferris.
I will let you know.

One of the last owners and the last guy who raced my Colt told me it was weird walking into his garage and seeing the Colt gone.
Today after I uncovered her and did some cleaning, I understand what he was feeling.
I am lucky to have it in my garage now and really looking forward to getting to the track.

View attachment 1715848421
Look at that beauty! I hope you get some video so we can all see it run.

Who knows, we may get a bunch of the Texas FABO members to come out to see Stan's Colt make it first runs.

-
Back