1972 Dodge Dart 4 Door with 28 Miles (Yep 28 Miles)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

kibbles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I had this car listed here about a year ago. Thought I sold it but you know the rest of the story. Car was bought in 72 and owner passed away about a year later. The son locked the car away and when he passed away in 2009 the relatives found the car sitting in a small garage. Has a slant 6 with a stuck valve (runs but pops in the aircleaner when reved up). Also has a stuck clutch. Car has original inspection x on rocker yet. Only thing not original is the battery and the oil. All other fluids and even the air in the tires is original. I will never drive the car myself being it has no miles. I'd like to see it go to someone that would like to take it to shows. I would consider trades (ATV, another old car or?). I'm asking $8500 for it.

Attachments

• 002_a.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 5,732
  • 023_a.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,713
  • 021_a.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,710
  • 020_a.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 014_a.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 013_a.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,671
  • 001_a.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,896
  • 017_a.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 006.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,687
  • 003_a.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,678
being a survivor car gives it alot of +'s but the slant/4dr really hurts it no matter the condition...

beautiful car though and good luck with the sale...

Very cool find, the 4 door will hurt the sale some but someone should want this.. I wouldn't mind having it, if I only had my garage done...Good luck..

Can you post a pic of the engine and the fender tag? What other options does that car have? Do you have the original battery? Will it drive on a trailer or would it need to be winched?

A stuck clutch is USUALLY not a big deal.

1 Start engine and warm up after fixing bad valve

2 Start car in gear, shift without using clutch to high gear and get up to speed where engine can develop some power, say, 50

3 Push in clutch pedal, floor throttle, if necessary floor/ release throttle a few times with pedal pushed in. Clutch should free up.

If not, probably will have to yank out transmission.

You didn't want to drive it anyway, didja?

Can you post a pic of the engine and the fender tag? What other options does that car have? Do you have the original battery? Will it drive on a trailer or would it need to be winched?
I'm sending a few more pictures. I have the original window sticker and the car is registered with it's original 1972 plates. I don't have the battery, that was removed when it was put in storage. Battery box is clean. Will have to be winched on a trailer. I haven't even started the car this year.

Attachments

• 011_a.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 012_a.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,610
  • 006_a.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,597
Wow,the car is gorgeous! What a find..I wish I had the money,as I would make you an offer.

Best of luck with the sale,and please make sure it goes to the right person. It needs to stay as a time capsule.

I will intertain offers or offer with part trade.

*** a cool lil car...dont know about the blue paint showing thru the grille tho....most came from the factory with some black shat in there,could've been ordered without i guess..and that looks like some jiz in the screws not rust.you should bee able to hit a lick on that car.

Nice car.

So u were the dude that out bid me on this car.

Gr8 find wish I had won.

Good luck with the sale.

Rick

Lets see....28.2 miles / 40 years old = That is about 7 tenths of a mile driven per year....Guess that would be under the national average....LOL

Nice car.

So u were the dude that out bid me on this car.

Gr8 find wish I had won.

Good luck with the sale.

Rick
Hi Rick:
I'm the guy that had it listed at auction. I didn't get a high enough bid so decided to keep the car. Thanks, Jim

Hi Rick:
I'm the guy that had it listed at auction. I didn't get a high enough bid so decided to keep the car. Thanks, Jim

Cool thanks 4 the heads up.

Still a gr8 car, wishing u all the best with the sale.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back