1972 DODGE DART Wiring Kits

-

KKBerry

Reaction score
So I have a 72 Dart with a Slant-6 225CID. Its a 4 door sedan(I'll try to post pictures later). This is my first MOPAR and I have plans to put a 340 in it but that's a little ways off for now. I was wondering what the best kind of re-wiring kit/system was, that's also cost effective? I've heard of YearOne and PAINLESS, but don't know too much about them. Any opinions on those as well?

YearOne's kit are factory correct. They actually come from M&H, but YearOne has an exclusive on them. I think the Painless wiring kits are more universal, and more GM-centric, so have proved painful for many, but many posts to read. Since you plan a V-8, better to get the V-8 kit now and adapt to your slant. Probably the wires to the distributor will be the main change. The alternators were in about the same place.

Might help you to be more specific about why you need to replace the wiring and what you're hoping to repair/upgraydd.

I went with Painless, the wiring was simple. I said in another post, change the wiring now, no matter who the kit is made by. I had trouble with wires getting hot and cracking years after my car was done. The wiring looked good when I built the car, but age must have been a factor. Did the Painless wire 2 years ago and I am glad I did it. Do not have to worry about the car catching fire from bad wires.

-
Back