[WANTED] 1972 Dodge Demon Dash Cluster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 dash clusters for 1972 - early & late. The later one has the seat belt light to the left of the speedo. Not sure which one have extra & condition. Can check after work. In CT. Almost done with my 72 Dart so I have lots of spare parts.

539C4627-D315-4950-B400-9D2DD606AA89.jpeg

EE013A50-289A-4F2B-8F86-3A7B448EF34D.jpeg

There are 2 dash clusters for 1972 - early & late. The later one has the seat belt light to the left of the speedo. Not sure which one have extra & condition. Can check after work. In CT. Almost done with my 72 Dart so I have lots of spare parts.

View attachment 1715314707

View attachment 1715314708
Thanks. Mine has a Seat Belt light next to the speedo. Then it has a lighted panel above the light switch. I have seen 2 different types of lights above the switch.

73 Valiant panel is the same, Recessed and backlighted at [ LIGHTS ] and at [ WIPE-WASH ] instead of [ WIPER ], along with seat belt lamp. I have one of these.

I'll can get a pic of it by Saturday morning. It isn't broken, lens is good, wood grain is good, chrome is gone, typical.

View attachment 1715315212
This is what my dash looks like. I hope this helps out.
Yep that's the one I have except it says [ WIPE-WASH ] instead of [ WIPERS ]. Can't get to it with a camera right away.
I'm not seeing missing material or even a crack in that pic. Are you convinced that it couldn't be repaired?

Yep that's the one I have except it says [ WIPE-WASH ] instead of [ WIPERS ]. Can't get to it with a camera right away.
I'm not seeing missing material or even a crack in that pic. Are you convinced that it couldn't be repaired?
Above the screw hole by the steering column on the left side is cracked up about to the speedo. I am not sure if it can be repaired at not.

Here's a pic. I'm no photographer. If you sent that bezel out for restore, They would use a little acetone to glue the abs plastic back together and maybe hit it with a plastic welder on the backside. Not like there's a lot of stress there. If you can lay it back together so the crack line pretty much disappears, its fixable. Of course you might always see it because you know where to look and chrome amplifies the slightest imperfection. I see it now because I know where to look. Others would never notice it. I learned that when I repaired cig' burn holes and such for the used car lot. Anyway...
It's the missing pieces like right corners of rally bezels, and/or butchering at radio bezels that gets from very costly to impossible to correct/restore.

73 inst bezel.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a pic. I'm no photographer. If you sent that bezel out for restore, They would use a little acetone to glue the abs plastic back together and maybe hit it with a plastic welder on the backside. Not like there's a lot of stress there. If you can lay it back together so the crack line pretty much disappears, its fixable. Of course you might always see it because you know where to look and chrome amplifies the slightest imperfection. I see it now because I know where to look. Others would never notice it. I learned that when I repaired cig' burn holes and such for the used car lot. Anyway...
It's the missing pieces like right corners of rally bezels, and/or butchering at radio bezels that gets from very costly to impossible to correct/restore.

View attachment 1715315678
It looks to be in pretty good shape....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back