Not open for further replies.

john27pa

74 360/904 Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=1544143

Im going to kick the tires on it this afternoon and see what all is there or not there. There is no title so I can prob get him to 500. Im interested in it, but I dont have anywhere to put it. I listed here so if any of you are interested......
It is located in North Central/ North west Pennsylvania about an hour or so N/NE of DuBois (I-80).

If its a 300.00 car over there I bet its a 1700.00 car here in california haha

I paid 800 for my Duster 318 Parts car that runs! Has a 904 and all the suspension and drivetrain as well as all the odd and end parts I may need minus an interior. It has all good body panels except a rear quarter. I'll be saving all the parts I dont use that I can store in case I ever wreck mine.

Drag'em up north, sell'em, make a crazy profit even after gas, toll and bridges, 4 star hotel and eats that put pounds on you.

That's a 300-500 car here in California. Back there it's likely worth more.

Ok- sorry about the prolonged wait. I offered the guy about 400 and he is stuck on getting as close to 800 as possible. I was going to take pics to post on here, but that would have been a waste of bandwidth. It had ALL of the usual Duster stuff- rotted rear quarters, rear floor pans rusted through, wheel area in trunk needed replaced. The rockers were fixable. Both fron fenders dinged up- the drivers side fender in the front looked like it said hi to a piece of plate steel and a sledge- right at the headlight area. The top of the inner fenders where it is spot5 welded to the body- by the firewall- were rusting through. No powersteering unit. Engine was out of car. Transmission was a BTI?? performance trans and was sitting in trunk. Didnt know how many miles was on engine or trans. Asked about the drive train since it was all out and he said that it was a s/6 car that he was going to switch over to a V8. I told him that I was interested in a few parts if he ever wanted to part it out. Also told thim that, being honest, the only things that I would save were both doors-even the hinges worked great(surprisingly lol), maybe the headliner and it was starting to droop in the back, roof-no dings, steering column, and of course the engine and trans-just because.
He told me the reason he wants 800 is to fix up a 50 something car-thats cool. No title because he "saved" it from a salvage yard/recycling yard. Kudos for him. He then states that if he cant sell it for around 800 then he will fix it up himself. I told him good luck and I may have some parts to sell him to help out. He said he can find the whole back half of the floor boards on ebay for $40. Hmm- last time I looked- yeah- it said 40, but for "pick your side" of the half floor board for 40. I guess he didnt read that part. If you guys saw something different-let me know. I did tell him that where the rear leaf springs bolted to the body- was solid-thats a good thing. But, the car needs ALOT of metal work, but is doable.

Every time I read one of these tales, I realize that the $1,000 I spent in shipping my SoCal Duster to CT was some of the best car related money I've ever spent. I pulled a wheel last Sunday. Mind you that the car has been in CT for a year and a half, and has been driven in rain, and parked outside during rain now and then when I needed to work inside my tiny garage. The contact surface of the rotor where the wheel meets meets it was still unrusted raw iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back