1972 formal black 340 duster "survivor"

-
What a fantastic show! The quality of Muscle Cars was astounding....something everyone should do at least once.....

DSC_0146_zpsomqdpvb3.jpg

DSC_0145_zpsr9x9fvci.jpg

DSC_0144_zpshqdo5k4j.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsvwsavtzj.jpg

dmoore I was wondering if I could impose on you if you could post a couple detailed pictures of the brake booster brackets and linkage from your survivor. I can't remember what my brackets and linkage looked like before I blew black paint all over them back in the 80's, some of them appear like they were the yellow dichromate like the booster but its a bit hard to tell. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Danny

dmoore I was wondering if I could impose on you if you could post a couple detailed pictures of the brake booster brackets and linkage from your survivor. I can't remember what my brackets and linkage looked like before I blew black paint all over them back in the 80's, some of them appear like they were the yellow dichromate like the booster but its a bit hard to tell. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Danny

Sure Danny, Out of the hundreds of pics I have taken these last 5 years I don't think I have any of that area specifically. I will snap a few this weekend. And yes I believe the bracket is yellow dichromate.

Electronic ignition was standard in 72.

Dmoore,
You still have this one or did you buy the other one? Haven't seen you post much lately.

That helps a lot Dmoore, can you tell me if the two long brackets one that bolts to the fender apron and the long one that goes straight down and mounts to the firewall somewhere around the Zbar are painted or plated?

Awesome dmoore, your the man and thanks so much for providing so much detail on your 72 survivor, this car is proving to be invaluable for me to get everything correct on my 72 Special restoration.

Awesome dmoore, your the man and thanks so much for providing so much detail on your 72 survivor, this car is proving to be invaluable for me to get everything correct on my 72 Special restoration.

You and everyone else are very welcome! Will you be attending Carlisle this year?

By production number you mean? These were special ordered cars, a total of 65 for 1972, this one was number 8 of the 15 that were built on June 29 1972.

By production number you mean? These were special ordered cars, a total of 65 for 1972, this one was number 8 of the 15 that were built on June 29 1972.
Wow just 65!? I never knew they were that low production! And you still have it after all these years is so cool....I just read through your thread...great progress! Looks like you graduated in 79 also. The stuff we did to these cars back then huh?! Keep up the good work! If you need anything at all don't hesitate! Dave

-
Back