1972 formal black 340 duster "survivor"

-
Took a few hundred pics recently along the Chesapeake Bay...I titled this one..Black & Blue

IMG_0157copy_zpse4baa175.jpg

Wow, very nice, love the original engine paint too, survivor cars rock!!! Question, how were the original side mlds attached, was it by sticky tape or did they bolt/clip on like the 70-72 swingers? Don't see many Dusters with that side trim. Nice score!!! :D

wondering same my 72 demon had side trim that bolt/clipped on had to weld up and paint holes

wondering same my 72 demon had side trim that bolt/clipped on had to weld up and paint holes

Hi Mike, The V5X plastic trim was secured by adhesive and could be easily removed without harming the finish. My original 72 accessories catalog shows it so you could get it dealer installed or DIY. One things for sure....the stripe pkg looks a whole lot better! Merry Xmas!

First let me add my thanks to you for posting so many great reference photos. You have found a truly wonderful car there.

As someone else stated, you learn never to say never with Mopars...

Along those lines, I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the documentation. I have a quick question regarding the window sticker posted at #119. Is that a re-pop window sticker? To be upfront, I'm not all that sure about Plymouths, but compared to a Dodge window Sticker, there seems to be a lot of information missing.

My original Dodge window sticker has info such as - on the top under the sales order number; the five-digit dealer code and two-digit zone code, and on the bottom to the left of the word TOTAL; the four-digit vehicle invoice date, the alpha plant code and two-digit shipping route code. It may be a year thing - could be 72 is different from previous years...?

Just wondering... :toothy8:

Thanks again for the photos and congratulations!!

I know it is something thatyourself or i would never add to this car but too bad it , was not ordered with , chrome rocker trim and wheel opening mouldings .And you know i loved all your cars but the white 72 was still my favorite . Great car dave.

First let me add my thanks to you for posting so many great reference photos. You have found a truly wonderful car there.

As someone else stated, you learn never to say never with Mopars...

Along those lines, I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the documentation. I have a quick question regarding the window sticker posted at #119. Is that a re-pop window sticker? To be upfront, I'm not all that sure about Plymouths, but compared to a Dodge window Sticker, there seems to be a lot of information missing.

My original Dodge window sticker has info such as - on the top under the sales order number; the five-digit dealer code and two-digit zone code, and on the bottom to the left of the word TOTAL; the four-digit vehicle invoice date, the alpha plant code and two-digit shipping route code. It may be a year thing - could be 72 is different from previous years...?

Just wondering... :toothy8:

Thanks again for the photos and congratulations!!

The original window sticker was accidently taken off and thrown away during prep...this is a reproduction done by www.window-sticker.com and you are correct, the 5 digit dealer code & state code are missing along with invoice date alpha plant code & two digit route #...Hmmmm, I will have to shoot him an email about it...Thanks for pointing that out! I still have a copy of the sticker from the White car & I can see the difference..good eye! Thank you & Merry Christmas!

Back to the factory Mopar glove box trash bag.....found out yesterday my dads 2nd owner 72 Fury came with one and our friend just bought a 72 Chrysler Town & Country wagon and it has one, was this a 72 only option? Pretty neat, my dad said his is in mint condition!

Awesome, awesome car! Who is the prominent collector in White Plains, NY? Is he a Mopar only collector? I grew up in White Plains, just curious.

Back to the factory Mopar glove box trash bag.....found out yesterday my dads 2nd owner 72 Fury came with one and our friend just bought a 72 Chrysler Town & Country wagon and it has one, was this a 72 only option? Pretty neat, my dad said his is in mint condition!

Ha! Back to the trash bag! Keith as far as I know yes...until someone comes up with another year! It really wasn't an option but rather a courtesy effort of Chrysler Plymouth showing it was a caring car company when it came to litter.

Anyone know if other car mfg's included one with their new 72 models?

Nice car, looks great. I like the little e-zine thing, might do something similar with my cars.

-
Back