1972 formal black 340 duster "survivor"

-
021-1.jpg

Here is a neat detail often lost....special clip to secure the nuetral safety switch harness...it is clipped into a casting ear passenger side of trans...Pay no attention Tim...you don't have that! Ha!

012-1.jpg

I noticed as of late when the fuel guage reached 1/4 tank it would slowly move over to empty. Thinking the sender had served it's time I installed a new unit from Dante since no NOS units are to be found....This is the original....

017-1.jpg

I noticed as of late when the fuel guage reached 1/4 tank it would slowly move over to empty. Thinking the sender had served it's time I installed a new unit from Dante since no NOS units are to be found....This is the original....

The nylon sock filter was pretty clean..........

Probably could have just changed the sock for a new one if you wanted to stay original.
And thanks for all the reference pics you have taken

Dave, will have to get over there again and see the car on the rack. If you do get it on the rack before I get back over, I would like to see a few pics of the red paint on rear brake drums and bottom of third member to see if there is paint code for gear ratio..

001-6.jpg

After going through all the pictures I must admit that this is a collectors dream car. The originality is great all everything is so well preservee. I enjoy to all the liitle details. Dave, when you are collecting info like this you are making history!

Congrats to you for the catch of the year

Is this white or light blue in color? This was always the location on b and e bodies for color codes for gear ratio and sure grip. Will clean that area on mine and see what codes show up. First thought would be color code for 323 open rearend.

After going through all the pictures I must admit that this is a collectors dream car. The originality is great all everything is so well preservee. I enjoy to all the liitle details. Dave, when you are collecting info like this you are making history!

Congrats to you for the catch of the year

Ulf you couldn't be more correct....for so long these A- Bodies have been brushed aside in favor of their bigger brother's with bigger engines and their sexy body lines...the day as come for the lil brother to stand up and get noticed for what it really is, a compact muscle car with a potent power to weight ratio that has surprised even it's bigger brother's on more than several occasions....:burnout:We are at the beginning of a documenting process that is long overdue in my opinion....these cars are 40+ years old now and original examples are elusive to say the least. The what? Where? When & How questions need to be answered before they are gone forever. I am glad to do my part as is Tim and others who recognize the need. Now, On to more pictures!!:cheers:

Is this white or light blue in color? This was always the location on b and e bodies for color codes for gear ratio and sure grip. Will clean that area on mine and see what codes show up. First thought would be color code for 323 open rearend.

Light blue for sure Tim...Which, If your assumption is correct coincides with my car....

Some of you "older' guys may remember these..and some of you may have never seen one at all....they are pretty dam rare these days with this one being the only one I have seen for over 40 years.....Chrysler Plymouth issued one with every new car in 1972 keeping in line with the "Clean up America" campaign of the day.......

001-7.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-2.jpg

I've never seen one. Man, this car just gets cooler & cooler :D.

Just a side note Dave, Hoping you stay safe & dry the next few days.

Rick

Some of you "older' guys may remember these..and some of you may have never seen one at all....they are pretty dam rare these days with this one being the only one I have seen for over 40 years.....Chrysler Plymouth issued one with every new car in 1972 keeping in line with the "Clean up America" campaign of the day.......

001-7.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-2.jpg

Holy Crap!!! That is rare?? I almost threw one away, I have one in my garage right now, I will run out and get a picture.................

Post it up Keith!

Here ya go!!

I remember getting this out of the glove box of an old 72-74 Coronet B-body when I was 16 years old!! I threw it in a box of car parts, and forgot about it till this summer when I was cleaning. It is really dirty, so I thought about throwing it away. I actually set it on the work bench next to the trash, but couldn't toss it in there. Maybe I should clean it up, it has some kind of white spider or moth nest on it, plus tons of dirt and dust. Even a blotch or 2 of white paint, but if you carefully roll the plastic the paint loosens and comes off. The hoes in the top Are not ripped either. I have never seen another one, maybe thats why I didn't toss it :D

Attachments

• DSC07403.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC07402.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC07401.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC07398.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 504
Thanks for showing that, I never knew how it hung in the car, I will use that in my 74 Satellite, it has 2 raised plastic plugs in the door, never knew what they were for!! I love this hobby, I learn somthing new everyday!!

-
Back