1972 formal black 340 duster "survivor"

-
Wow that really is nice! I guess the stipes are a day 2 mod errr owner number 2 mod! I didn't know that tx9 was that rare. It sure is beautiful. I have a '72 Valiant in this color but with a white painted top with 63K original miles. See it on Page 11 of show your slant 6 A Body. Still looks sharp with the contrasting chrome. I guess I'm gonna start saving my pennies for when this one goes up for sale. Enjoy it, its a one of a kind!

Thanks but this one is permanent party status...........8)

Wow Dave, when i lived in Chesterfield a while back (outside of richmond) and used to run up and down "13" back and forth to my daughter's in Salisbury, i didn't have any idea of your great cars on the eastern shore. I think this one may top them all. Congrats on the acquisition, it's beautiful.

Hi Rick, Yeah it's easy to blow right through the shore! And you are right, this one is truly one of a kind in all aspects and will be here on the Shore for many years to come.....

The black paint on this car is nothing short of phenominal......the red paint on the rear brake drums looks like it was painted 6 months ago.....I could go on and on about this car and I probably will!

i do like the white you had. but you cant beat the originality of this one. i do believe a full blown reference photo shoot of this one is in order ! excellent find

Wow, very nice, love the original engine paint too, survivor cars rock!!! Question, how were the original side mlds attached, was it by sticky tape or did they bolt/clip on like the 70-72 swingers? Don't see many Dusters with that side trim. Nice score!!! :D

Very Sweet fine. I purchased one just like this one New in Oct 1971, but mine had buckets & console. Be nice to locate it once again, but prolly done bit the dust?

Unbelievable Dave , 3 nicest a body,s ever on this site , in my opinion .No Cragers , funky stripes, wierd stereos. Great job again love it.

Wow, very nice, love the original engine paint too, survivor cars rock!!! Question, how were the original side mlds attached, was it by sticky tape or did they bolt/clip on like the 70-72 swingers? Don't see many Dusters with that side trim. Nice score!!! :D

Thanks 66340, the V5X body side moldings were adhesive backed and easily removed without harming the finish...my yellow car originally came with them also....

Unbelievable Dave , 3 nicest a body,s ever on this site , in my opinion .No Cragers , funky stripes, wierd stereos. Great job again love it.

Not everyone can appreciate an original car.......it is these cars that conjur up distant memories and bring us back to a simple time...Thanks!

I find it amazing how you have been able to continually trade up to a "newer" Duster Dave. This car is OUTSTANDING! Thanks for sharing, and don't be shy on the detail pics.

Grant

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Congrats on the rare find!!!

Wow, that's an amazing car Dave! I gotta see this in person sometime. How far are you from Kent Island (eastern shore of MD)? I got a TX9 '72 Duster 340. Never knew that color was so rare.

Nice project! What are your plans? You need to go fast, so start with some pep boys racing seats, a B&M floor shifter and a grant steering wheel. That should get it road worthy while you decide what else to do.

I was thinking about a set of Keystone Classics, Lakewood traction bars & set of Highjackers to get the Mickey Thompson N50'S up under there....Hope I got enough cash left for a pack of ezwider's! :burnout::burnout:

Thanks! And congrats on that super clean GTS! I looked at buying that car about 2 months ago....hope you got a good deal! She has been loved no doubt!
Thank you, I think I did get a good deal, cheeper would've been a better deal. I've been searching for a long time and all were alot more money then what i paid for it. I'm happy and hope you are also!

Wow, that's an amazing car Dave! I gotta see this in person sometime. How far are you from Kent Island (eastern shore of MD)? I got a TX9 '72 Duster 340. Never knew that color was so rare.

Kent Island is about 2 hours north of me...I am registered for the O.C. Cruise-In if your coming over?

I might have to make that trip. You going to be there all weekend?

-
Back