1972 Plymouth Scamp door window guide removal

-

flashsuperstar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Changing the door window glass on my Scamp. Need some help with the removal of the regulator guide on the bottom of the door glass.

Changing the door window glass on my Scamp. Need some help with the removal of the regulator guide on the bottom of the door glass.
Not sure what you need and not sure if my 73 is the same but should be bolted in if not than remove the bolts from the regulator that hold it in the door and and slide the regulator off the glide. You have some pictures?

Here are 2 pics. Need to remove the guide from the bottom of the window glass.

DE98E278-E914-4692-9A0A-B45E7143CAD6.jpeg

0BF20BD9-DC80-489B-A087-B817833751C8.jpeg

the blue thingy is a 2 piece fastener. They often break just like any old plastic. Knock its center pin clear through it. If its ears don't break off it can be put back together and reused. if it does break, the aftemarket does offer new somewhere at some price. Alternatively, 1/4-20 X 1 hex head bolt a short piece of 1/4 inch neoprene fuel hose, 2 flat washers, and nylon lock type nut.

the blue thingy is a 2 piece fastener. They often break just like any old plastic. Knock its center pin clear through it. If its ears don't break off it can be put back together and reused. if it does break, the aftemarket does offer new somewhere at some price. Alternatively, 1/4-20 X 1 hex head bolt a short piece of 1/4 inch neoprene fuel hose, 2 flat washers, and nylon lock type nut.
Thank you for the advice!

-
Back