-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi135

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good functional used 1972 Abody power steering column from a floor shift car, no column shift columns and please no junk.

Also looking for a complete functional 1972 pwr disc brake booster full assembly with brackets and pwr brake ramrod.

Please send a photo of what you have and what you're asking. A PM is ok.

Not looking for show car stuff here or NOS just something functional. I have a floor shift manual column in it now and manual strg gear. Maybe we could work something out if you have the above items.

The attached photo is taken from a 1972 Duster 340 with power asst booster front disc brakes. This is the one I need, a dual diaphragm Midland Ross unit. I believe Midland Ross made a single diaphragm a bit smaller that Rick posted below.

I have the booster and brackets out of a 73 dart sport 340! $50 plus shipping!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 206
I have the booster and brackets out of a 73 dart sport 340! $50 plus shipping!

I think this is the Midland Ross single diaphragm unit with the clamp. Maybe someone here can shed light on which this one is. I should have been specific in my post but I was looking for a Midland Ross dual diaphragm pwr Ft disc brake booster setup. See above post for the reference photo of the unit I'm looking for. Thanks Rick

I have all the brackets and the swivels. The booster canister is available from auto parts stores and the core charge is less than the extra shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331462114289?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Unfortunately most of the local parts stores we all know still show them on their websites and yes they show the dual diaphragm unit I'm looking for but when you "checkout", it tells you they out of stock or unavailable.

Looking for a good functional used 1972 Abody power steering column from a floor shift car, no column shift columns and please no junk.

I have a 71-up floor shift steering column with key. A couple of the wires from the ignition switch are non-functional at the connector. I have a NOS ignition switch for it it. The plan is to install the switch, re-paint and rebuild the coupler as I have time for it.

Also looking for a complete functional 1972 pwr disc brake booster full assembly with brackets and pwr brake ramrod.

I have a Midland Ross dual diaphragm as depicted in your picture (year unknown as they were used in several years). Other than the small brace that gregpurcell showed in his eBay listing, it's complete with the rest of the stuff. Functional? I don't know; that's why I was getting ready to send it out to Booster Dewey so it could be used on my 65 Barracuda. The larger Midland Ross is much more available than the dual diaphragm units and am not sure why that is.

I can take pictures of everything if needed.

If you have the correct column in function and color, wouldn't be practical to change the shaft in it ? I think I have one here. If it's still here it doesn't have a box coupling but that through pin is/was present.

PM sent

I have a 71-up floor shift steering column with key. A couple of the wires from the ignition switch are non-functional at the connector. I have a NOS ignition switch for it it. The plan is to install the switch, re-paint and rebuild the coupler as I have time for it.

I have a Midland Ross dual diaphragm as depicted in your picture (year unknown as they were used in several years). Other than the small brace that gregpurcell showed in his eBay listing, it's complete with the rest of the stuff. Functional? I don't know; that's why I was getting ready to send it out to Booster Dewey so it could be used on my 65 Barracuda. The larger Midland Ross is much more available than the dual diaphragm units and am not sure why that is.

I can take pictures of everything if needed.

Thanks RedFish but the Column I have is a 74-76 type manual strg column. I'm looking for a 70-72 type column. I agree if it was the correct column I would just switch out the shaft as suggested. The 74-76 columns are different in their crush tube, etc. Thanks anyway

If you have the correct column in function and color, wouldn't be practical to change the shaft in it ? I think I have one here. If it's still here it doesn't have a box coupling but that through pin is/was present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back