1972 seat belt relays (?) deleting options...

-

Fgill

Reaction score
Q; are these two relays on the drivers side corner the seat belt buzzer relays? my memory is fuzzy and old.
also, whats the delete/work around options that will not mess up other parts of the system..can I simply unplug and leave the conenctors open?

thumbnail3333.jpg

Last edited:
First, I am purely a hobbyist and my opinion is not the final word. This site has a ton of really knowledgeable users and I bet you will find a definitive answer. That said, I unplugged my door buzzer (because it annoyed me) on my 1972 Duster with no bad affects, it just stopped howling at me. I also unplugged and discarded the (broken) bench seat sensor and seat belt also...again, no problems. I left everything in place except the seat belt connections and bench seat sensor. I clipped the connectors off of these and saved them (they where in great shape) and used a dab of RTV and heat shrink tubing to isolate everything. I believe the silver relay you took a picture of is the door. Hope that helps.

THANK YOU!! i was concerned unplugging the door buzzer may affect the dome light, etc. I simply cannot recall what i did in the past. The lil thin black relay is for seat belt warning light I believe, so I should be able to unplug them both without any issues..

You should refer to factory wiring diagrams. Relay attached to pink and black wires could very well be the horn relay.

My sons 69 notch has horn relay under the dash on drivers side. Looks just like that one.

-
Back