1973 340 Cam advice

-
Man! So much helpful advice I really appreciate it all, thank you guys! :)

So many good suggestions and I'll have to digest it all and weigh it up against my budget and my need to get it installed. :D

I'm thinking of initially installing the Weiand I have and robbing the 600 Holley off of it if I can find an adapror. I've got a jet and metering rod kit for it too so that might help?

I mentioned I have the other 340 getting built (slowly) with '70 internals and that will be my "go fast" engine in 12-24 months and I'll be sinking my cash into that.

I also think I'll take you guys advice and get the most gears in the rear that I can. 3.90:1or 3.50:1 as I'll use that in the other 340 anyway.

Cheers guys,

I'll keep you posted!

Andy

A metering rod and jet kit point me to think that is for an Edelbrock carb, not a Holley. Parts are not interchangeable. You will need a Holley Jet kit. (A box of jets)

If it's a Weiand Action+ shouldn't the Holley just bolt to it without the need for an adapter?

Ether intake will take a Holley but only the Action Plus will take a Carters narrow bolt pattern.

Ether intake will take a Holley but only the Action Plus will take a Carters narrow bolt pattern.
That's what I thought, I have the Weiand and just tried my son's Demon Street Demon (w/ Holley bolt pattern) The base plate covers the spread bore opening and the linkage clears the sides.

Damn, write Holley instead of Eddy. :(

So there is no way the Eddy would bolt into the Weiand even with an adaptor?

I guess I could find a cheap Holly easily enough though?

Andy

Damn, write Holley instead of Eddy. :(

So there is no way the Eddy would bolt into the Weiand even with an adaptor?

I guess I could find a cheap Holly easily enough though?

Andy
No no no, the early OE Carters and TQ will not bolt on. Later Carter/Edelbrock will bolt on because of the dual holes drilled at each corner of the carb.

The Stealth has the Holley bolt pattern. Not both patterns.

No no no, the early OE Carters and TQ will not bolt on. Later Carter/Edelbrock will bolt on because of the dual holes drilled at each corner of the carb.

The Stealth has the Holley bolt pattern. Not both patterns.

Ahhh I see! Cool, so unless I find a cheap 750 DP Holley I can drop the Eddy I have on?

Sorry for sounding so silly. :(

The action plus is a spread bore intake and is good for the thermoquad or spread bore...

the stealth is a square bore and will accept any square bore carb Holley, Carter, Eddy, etc...

-
Back