1973 Dart headlight aiming diagram

-

Lasalle

Reaction score
Hello, I need to aim the headlights on my 1973 Dart Swinger. I know how to do it but I need the diagram with how far away from the wall the car should be and how high to aim the beams. My 73 Dodge service manual said this info was in another book, the body manual. Anybody out there have a 73 body manual and can post that diagram? Thanks

I found it. I forgot to do a search on this site before posting. I found it on mymopar.com.

Glad you found it. It's 25' headlight to wall.
Its probably similar or same as earlier years. I think this is from my '68 Plymouth FSM. High beam adjustment is only for 4 lamp systems.

68-Plym-FSM-Aiming.jpg

If you've switched headlamps to a different pattern, such as ECU, then its a little different.
Dan Stern has that info on his website, ieven if its a bit wordy you can skim through to get what you need.

Thank you for posting this picture. My Dart used #6012 sealed beam headlights originally. They are not made anymore. I found a NOS pair on Ebay. According to older posts on FABO, the modern replacements use more amps than the #6012.

Thank you for posting this picture. My Dart used #6012 sealed beam headlights originally. They are not made anymore. I found a NOS pair on Ebay. According to older posts on FABO, the modern replacements use more amps than the #6012.
That is correct. I recall it as 40/40 but maybe that was the much earlier lamps. This Wagner catalog lists them as 40/50 Watt. The * indicates they are just listed for reference.
upload_2022-1-27_20-11-29.png

6014 was a common replacement. 50/60 Watt
Chrysler started using 6014 bulbs in 1973.
H6024 which came later are usually 35/60 although the nighthawks were higher.

-
Back