1973 Dart Sport 340 My Sons First MOPAR !!

-

challengersteve

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, my son just turned 17 and is wanting a classic Mopar to fix up and drive to high school this year. There is nobody that has a classic car at his school except maybe one or two kids with 70's vintage Chevy trucks. We have been looking the right car he can afford without it being a complete basket case project so we had decided to look on a Duster or Dart. We found a 1973 Dart Sport 340 yesterday that is the perfect car! It is a complete car less engine and transmission and is a very highly optioned car as you can see by the fender tags. Yes, it is a 2 tag car. The original paint will buff for a driver on most of the car and the the damaged left fender and bumper I have on a parts car. We will be bringing this car to my shop next week and he can get started clean it up and getting it ready for an engine. We are going to put a 318 in it for now as I do not have any 340's at this time, but we will be looking for a 73 340 to make it correct. I have been into Mopars my whole life and have had hundreds of parts cars here over the years so he has grown up around these cars and just started to take an interest in these cars (especilly after going to Carlisle with me a couple of weeks ago). That is him standing beside the car and yes, he is excited.
Thank you very much for letting me share this will you, Steve Schweitzer

Attachments

• DSCN9788.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCN9781.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCN9783.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 411
  • DSCN9784.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCN9785.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN9786.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCN9787.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 421
The body is super solid and only needs a tiny patch on the floor to make it a nice driver. When it gets restored it will need a little lower quarter work but nothing that is bad enough to do now.
Thanks, Steve

Well, if he likes the beak cars, all the rest will be beautiful to him.

Cool deal! Looks like a nice color combo for sure and surprised the front seats aren't all tore up.

Great color combo, and a true 340 car! I'm definitely jealous. My first car in high school was a green on green '74 Duster with a wore out 318. I absolutely loved it! Hell, if it would've been a factory 340/360 car I probably would've kept it instead of falling down this rabbit hole of a million Mopars!

This brings back memories as my first car I bought and built when I was 14 with my dad was a 73 dart sport original numbers matching 340 car....I still have it to this day, the car in my Avatar, and I'm 44 now....It will be a great father son project

a LOT better than my first car even though it was a mopar. My first car was a 71 cricket that was my grandmother's!!!

Attachments

• tn_423x423_The_Cricket_03.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 321
Awesome Find Steve I know he is beaming with pride and ready to get dirty getting it back on the road.

Excellent!!! father /son project!! start your thread & let's see you guys in action!! Lawrence

That's awesome. So proud for both of you. Had to show this to one of my colleagues at work (age 35) who asked me yesterday why on earth we wanted old cars. She said she didn't no anyone in her generation who wanted cars like that. Their loss, our gain. Still, happy to know some kids are being raised right!

Can't wait to see the progress on this Dart. Have fun!

Great car! You guys are going to have a blast. My dad helped me work on my Duster. Some of the best memories I have and still use the skills he thought me today! Love the color but I'm a little biased because the Duster I have is the same/similar color.
Congratulations to your Son and You! :cheers:

Good score, I cannot believe how good the interior looks for setting in a field.

Congrats to you and your boy. Looks like a awesome first car. Should be lots of fun times shared together.

Congrats Steve! Spending time with the young lad working together on his 1st Mopar will breed moments you will cherish for a very very long time!

Better dig in quick if he wants to show it off at school, him being 17 and all!! Nice fine, and a perfect car for the lad, congrats!!! Geof

Here's my '73 . they are great looking cars
IMG_0312.JPG

-
Back