1973 Dart Sport 340...Restore or Burger King?

-
Prine, that is an awesome car! And that is exactly how I want my interior. Exactly! Once I'm done remodeling a room to turn it into another bedroom, I'll be starting the work on the Dart Sport, and I'll def start a restoration thread.

Bamadart, I think I have pics of your car saved on my computer lol. It looks like it would pretty much be a twin to my car, other than my vinyl top.

Knuckleduster, I think after seeing the thread Adam had with the red Dart Sport, the red pic Prine posted, and seeing your car, red is starting to grow on me. But...

After looking at a TON of pics of Dart Sports online, I have seen red, green, black, b3/b5 blue, yellow, gold, orange...but not one light blue/ice blue car. I can't go green...its bad luck lol.

I'm not sure what my personal taste would be for this car. I think it really comes down to either the factory color or the light blue. I have to say, all this talk is making me want to go work on it right now!

Here is a question. Since it was a 340 car, it should have come with stripes, correct? How would I be able to tell if it had stripes, with those big ugly black stripes covering up the whole side of the car? BTW, there is silver/blue/pink flakes in the black. I'll bet those have been there a loooong time.

I say keep the vinyl,too many hardtops the vinyl is actually unique.No tag no sheet and no original motor?Anytnig you do will be second guessed so I prefer hardees big monster burgers.Make it your unique car.

I REALLY like EB3 light blue metallic,and thought about doing my car that color,but after seeing a few cars in person,it is just too sedate for me in the long run.It seemsd to look better when it's fresh,then later on it kinda blends in to the background.Not knocking it or trying to turn youagainst it,but saying look at some done cars before you spend $100 plus a gallon.

I REALLY like EB3 light blue metallic,and thought about doing my car that color,but after seeing a few cars in person,it is just too sedate for me in the long run.It seems to look better when it's fresh,then later on it kinda blends in to the background.Not knocking it or trying to turn you against it,but saying look at some done cars before you spend $100 plus a gallon.

duster99.jpg

twister2blue.jpg

duster2-2.jpg

Don't get me wrong,I like it,but I like the way this color 'pops'!

b572duster340.jpg

I vote build what makes you happy and enjoy. If your building this with the hope of being able to sell for profit don't even start this car is not high demand car. I like the red idea and stroker engine and drive it like you stole it.

I keep going back to the gold as well. Mine had a half top, but it was the back half? I don't think I have ever seen another one like that. I might go look a little closer at it. You guys have posted some good pics and got my brain working again...it was stuck in a blue-not blue-blue-not blue loop lol.

Heres what Im building when I found a good car to work with.

Attachments

• 1973_dodge_dart_sport_521275517269512.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 2011-10-04 06.56.171.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,110
Build it the way you want it. This Dart sport is PB5 blue, stoked small block,4 spd. A lot of fun to drive.It was 2 days before paint when I picked the color for my cuda. Good luck.

Attachments

• DSCN1538.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 253
  • P6180008.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 300
I think that the A bodies look great in colors like black with white or red stripes, Red with white or black stripes, bright yellow with black stripes, white with black stripes, dark Midnight blue with white stripes, Petty blue with black stripes, purple with black stripes, sublime green with black stripes etc... I would do it your way so that you enjoy the car.

Nice to see the Dodge Darts Sports...looked at a 73 last weekend

It is really cool seeing them, seems like they are coming out of the woodwork! I remember for the longest time they were kind of shunned for not being the 72' and earlier style. I think I've decided on the color...and its the factory one. Bamadart has a 74' that is similar to how mine will be, and I think it looks awesome. I am leaning towards more of a stock-style resto now, too. Some suspension mods, but thats about it other than the non-stock engine/trans. Even putting the a/c back in. The only think I am really modifying is the addition of subframe connectors/torque boxes/and the super cool Dillinger reinforcement peices (already got the lower rad support, its awesome!).

-
Back