1973 dart sport rear end offset

-

Adam Wilson

Born to lose.. Live to win!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a 1973 dart sport 318. looks like she may have been hit in the passenger rear quarter. Body was fixed decent. problem is the axle sits a little closer to the drivers fender and further from the passenger. I was told this is normal but I don't know.... please help!!

A 1/4" is pretty common, even a 1/2" difference from one side to the other isn't that unusual. More than that starts to be a problem. But it depends on where the difference actually is. Usually most of that difference is in the body, some of it is in the spring perches, etc. If it's been hit, you need to make sure the difference isn't in the frame rails.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.26.52 AM.png

Thanks guys. I have the car here at the dodge dealer I work at and looked at the rear end at lunch and I was wrong.. The axle is shifted towards the pass not driver.. sorry. No pics at this time. Thanks for the quick replys and help fellers!! I appreciate it! I will add a picture after work today. Like the one post says. It may be not (That) far out of whack..

Thanks guys. I have the car here at the dodge dealer I work at and looked at the rear end at lunch and I was wrong.. The axle is shifted towards the pass not driver.. sorry. No pics at this time. Thanks for the quick replys and help fellers!! I appreciate it! I will add a picture after work today. Like the one post says. It may be not (That) far out of whack..
I have a 73 Dart Sport also closer pass side by 3/8's

I had that with my 73 Swinger when I swapped rear ends out....... Loosened the U bolts, moved it over a little bit, retightened the bolts....... FIXED!!!!!

-
Back