1973 Dart Sport side glass....

-

1962Edison

....diggin' the Mopars....!
Reaction score
Will the door glass from a 75 Duster fit/work in a 1973 Dart Sport? I've read that some years have a different # of mounting holes in different locations?

Tnx,
Bryan.

From what I know, 1973 is a unique year. '74-'76 are suppose to be the same.
PM sent.

I have juggled parts in these cars for years. While many of the parts look similar, they sometimes have hidden differences that make it hard to swap parts from different year cars. The windows look the same but have their mounting holes in different places. Sometimes you can swap entire assemblies over: Regulators, glass and hardware. I cannot recall the specifics but there were years with traditional scissor style regulators and tracks and others with a curved tube that was mounted vertically inside and toward the rear 1/3 of the door. I have had some real bastardized cars, Frankensteined with parts from many different year cars. If you have a large enough parts stash, you can often make something work and look fine from the outside.
Good luck and be sure to report back with your progress.

I have juggled parts in these cars for years. While many of the parts look similar, they sometimes have hidden differences that make it hard to swap parts from different year cars. The windows look the same but have their mounting holes in different places. Sometimes you can swap entire assemblies over: Regulators, glass and hardware. I cannot recall the specifics but there were years with traditional scissor style regulators and tracks and others with a curved tube that was mounted vertically inside and toward the rear 1/3 of the door. I have had some real bastardized cars, Frankensteined with parts from many different year cars. If you have a large enough parts stash, you can often make something work and look fine from the outside.
Good luck and be sure to report back with your progress.
Every single part of the 73 window assembly is unique, as well as the inner door frame.
Nothing else even comes close

I have a 73 & a75 door on my car and the windows are very different. The 73 is way thicker than the 75, and they both are factory.

At the risk of being a hijacker, can I put 73 swinger doors on a 73 Sport and use the glass from the sport?

At the risk of being a hijacker, can I put 73 swinger doors on a 73 Sport and use the glass from the sport?
The curvature of the glass is different, so none of the guts will work. The inner door frame is different as well.
Duster/Demon/Sport doors are all unique to that body style regardless of year

The curvature of the glass is different, so none of the guts will work. The inner door frame is different as well.
Duster/Demon/Sport doors are all unique to that body style regardless of year
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to 'clean up' the Sport doors..

If you need a '73 Dart Sport drivers window, I've got one. I figured that out when buying door glass actually. I found out there is no interchange outside of '73 the hard way.

-
Back