1973 Dart Sport VIN Number locations?

-

DA4AD

Reaction score
I understand there are 3 - 5 locations to correctly identify a car.
I know of the following locations,
1) dash plate.
2) fender tag.
3) drivers door decal.

I am flying from Canada to California to look at a car and I just want to make sure it is as advertised.

I was told it is also stamped in the body, but where?

any other locations?

Rad support lip, package tray or trunk weatherstrip seal. I know the 70 Dart Swingers are under the trunk weatherstrip seal and the top of the passenger side inner fender where the fender bolts too (usually rusted off in cars up here) I think it depends where the car was built, all the Dart sports and Dusters i've ever seen or had are on the rad support lip (usually under the coolant decal and its the last couple digits of the vin) and the package tray. There is usually only two stampings on the body.

Hope this helps

think the 73's are on the package shelf and core support, easiest to check is the core support take a piece of paper from under it and scratch your nail on it to get an imprint. If it matches that is all you need.

Ok, so I picked up the car.
The number on the rad support is the same as the vin but I can't find the one at the back of the car.
Anyone with a 1973 dart sport know the exact location?

Ok, so I picked up the car.
The number on the rad support is the same as the vin but I can't find the one at the back of the car.
Anyone with a 1973 dart sport know the exact location?
Sorry to thread jack but...
Where would the number be if its a folddown back seat car?
Rad Support, Vin Tag, Door Sticker, and ????

that's my question.
i have the dash, door sticker, fender tag and rad support.
is there another # at the back of the car?

Check under pass.side trunk seal,stamped in the top rail.I haven,t looked on my 73 yet.

Nothing there. i found 778D401 on the bottom center of the package tray, but that has no reference to the serial number at all, or any serial number for that matter.

anybody with any info on this car please P.M me.
I believe it is an Idaho Plate but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• 143-4396_IMG.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 143-4361_IMG.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 439
try under the trunk weather strip seal

I crawled in the trunk and looked all the way around, I would think if it was a punched number it would be on the backside,didnt really want to take off the seal.
I'll go look again.

i ask my friend and he is going to look on his 73 duster with fold down rear seat. try to help you guys out. see what he comes up with or maybe somebody here will know.

You have to pull the cardboard cover off the package tray to see the number, it's stamped in from the top. Dusters/Dart sports/Demons didn't get their trunk rail stamped, Swingers/Scamps and 4 doors have the number stamped on the trunk seal rail. You cant see any of the stampings from the bottom, they don't go that deep.

I finally found it!!!!

its stamped on the drivers side right where the speaker would be. 1/2" from the front edge, and can be seen/read from the back window (I assume they stamped them before the window was but in & not when the sheet metal was made).
There is double metal in this location that's why it cant be seen from the bottom. it is also stamped very lightly.

Thanks everyone, now I know I have a true car and not a piece together.

:burnout:

-
Back